General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JP Cycles problems... beware ordering for the holiday!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 09:12 AM
jstew
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JP Cycles problems... beware ordering for the holiday!

It's probably already too late, but...

My wife ordered something from JP Cycles for me on Dec 10th. It was listed as "In Stock" on the website when she ordered, and remains listed as "In Stock". It was also listed with a ship time of 7-10 business days.

It should be here by the 23rd, EXCEPT the customer service rep on the phone said the 7-10 business days was the time until JPCYCLES would get their shipment in, since they DID NOT have it in stock when she ordered it. The CSR told her someone ordered it right before her. It still says it is in stock on the website, but not on the order confirmation page.

My wife is truly upset, when she was thinking of getting something, I specifically gave her my JP Cycles card and told her they'd take care of her. Seems I was wrong. I guess I'll drop that JP Cycles membership and go with Dennis Kirk or somewhere else next year.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:47 AM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you really don't want to go with JP again, give them a call to ask them to make it right, such as a percentage off the current order, free membership renewal, etc, especially if you've ordered a lot from them. If you don't get a response that meets your expectations, then move on. You imply they've been good to you previously - why throw them under the bus on one mistake?

Yes it sucks they got it wrong, but people make mistakes. Good customer service will make it right.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Titus Plumeritus
Intermediate

yeah, their CS has really gone down in the last few years. I spent major dollars w/ them on my Nightrain. Then I ordered a BUB TDX exhaust system. Box was too big for APO delivery, asked if they could break it up into several boxes. They couldn't cause it was a complete sys. and came like that. Had to have it UPS to Germany @ $200 + 399 more dollars for customs. When it arrived, it was three boxes in a box the size of a foot locker. I called them to ask WTH. They totally blew me off. I melted the Gold Club card and haven't been back. I still use the catalog, find the mfr and order direct. Good Luck getting them to stand up for their mistake.

Titus

Old 12-20-2011, 01:03 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I have bought from J&P but got tired of paying msrp, being overcharged on frieght and being charged a "handling fee" (WTF). So now I might look at their catalog (which I get way too often) to see what's available and then I'll check other venders on the net to find the best deal on the part.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:15 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Yep. Ordered a heated jacket liner Dec 3rd and still waiting. Shoulda paid the 15.00 for shipping and went straight through Gerbing. Oh well. Supposed to be 70 this weekend.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:23 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,300 Likes on 2,557 Posts

Ordered 4 x's lately and was told the same thing on out of stock parts.They showed up in 5 bus days. They don't update there system every second it's done on a daily basis.Sux you might not get what you want on time but you're still gonna get it,be patient.Shouldn't be any shipping on gold club thru x-mas on any order over 25.00.Been buying there for years and the 1 problem I did have they resolved quickly.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:12 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems like a little bit of overreaction to quit using J&P because of something that minor.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:31 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

all online bus, have same problem you have to realize that before buying sometimes it is best to buy local or direct even if you pay a little more

Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually use Dennis Kirk unless they don't have it listed, then I order from J&P Cycles.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:57 PM
jstew
Cruiser
Angry

Originally Posted by brenn
Seems like a little bit of overreaction to quit using J&P because of something that minor.
Is there ANYONE who thinks "Will ship in 7-10 days" doesn't mean it will leave JP Cycles and be on its way to my house in 7-10 days? If so, you're an idiot. To outright lie and say that "Will ship in 7-10 days" means that it will leave the manufacturers office headed to JP Cycles in 7-10 days and then will ship from JP Cycles to my house AFTER that is stupid.

If your website is screwed up and says something is in stock when it isn't, at least admit to the mistake when a paying customer calls, AND THEN FIX THE MISTAKE. It's not like it's a Sunday morning when nobody is available to work on the website.

Lying to a customer isn't something minor. A customer service staff willing to do all this lying, and no fixing, shows a lack of concern for customer loyalty. They will be justly rewarded. I'll take my damn money elsewhere next time. I recommend you all do the same.

EDIT: I'm not asking, nor has my wife asked, for money back, or free shipping, or any of that. All I want is to get what I paid for, when it said I would get it, and to not have my wife be lied to when the item she ordered and paid for isn't being produced as promised (during the original sale).

Last edited by jstew; 12-20-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Adding

Quick Reply: JP Cycles problems... beware ordering for the holiday!