General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley offers voluntary layoffs

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011 | 06:01 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where I work, we have been told we are overpaid per hour.
They started a second tier pay scale for all new hires.
We won't see a pay increase until the second tier pay reaches ours.
They way pay raises have been here in the past, (around 50 cents an hour every two years) it would be 16 years at the minimum before we see any more on our checks.

All the supervisors got bonuses for saving money that would have gone to the work force.

I've worked here going on my 33 year. I know what waste of space some of these upper management were before magically becoming white collar.

I think someone went to a social gathering and was embarrassed by admitting the number of employees we had without college degrees.

They've been actively recruiting those with degrees and under paying them.
We know as soon as the job market allows, they will see many jump ship and they won't have a clue why.

They've already seen a high turn around within the last few years and the loss of experienced workers in those areas are showing.

Old 12-20-2011 | 06:04 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah right! Blame the MoCo! Uh? Made in China, Singapore, Japan, and assembled in America. The union punks sold out!

Old 12-20-2011 | 06:24 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Denver Dave
Nope - $975,037 annual base pay. I'm not making a judgment statement here - just the facts.
I was gonna tell'ya yer full'a ****, but Ron750 beat me too it....so ta speak......
Ain't NO swing'n dick worth that kind'a bank....NONE....I don' care if he's Jesus ef'n Christ.....don' matter......
HE don' do **** anyways .....all'a minions and sheep under'im do all'a work.....and got the headaches......His worse worry's where his next phuque'n golf game's gonna be......

Old 12-20-2011 | 06:48 PM
jwright302
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They HAD to do this at christmas time ? Thats a dick move if I've ever saw one. Before most everyone takes a collective dump on union people, and thats ok I for one am used to it, why doesn't the CEO and maybe some of the other SUITS at the top take some cuts? If they did some trimming along with this, it wouldn't look so bad. The timing of it is just rotten for the working people at the plants and I feel bad for them. Why couldn't they have waited another month or at least until the first of the year ?

Old 12-20-2011 | 07:32 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,084 Likes on 17,944 Posts

Originally Posted by jwright302
They HAD to do this at christmas time ? Thats a dick move if I've ever saw one. Before most everyone takes a collective dump on union people, and thats ok I for one am used to it, why doesn't the CEO and maybe some of the other SUITS at the top take some cuts? If they did some trimming along with this, it wouldn't look so bad. The timing of it is just rotten for the working people at the plants and I feel bad for them. Why couldn't they have waited another month or at least until the first of the year ?
Everytime I've been caught in a lay off like 4 times during the 80's it was always the week before Christmas and all but once the ******** waited till after lunch the day before the holiday to tell us . Gave us enough time to pack our tool boxes is all , between April & June these same places wanted you back at starting new hire wage again . Happens more often than most would believe .

Merry f*cking Christmas

Old 12-20-2011 | 07:46 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Normally in a union shop voluntary layoff means older seniority can accept the layoff.Leaving younger critical workers working.Older seniority people generally have a stable life and may want to go to Daytona this year.not all bad.

T K

Old 12-21-2011 | 05:40 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha... We see clearly who are upper mgmt in this thread...
Once people stop thinking one type is better than another, we will be better...
They have done what we are talking about in here....
Laid off, fired the people who actually go out and make the money.... All of it...
But rehired more office folks, who rely on the money makers...
We have 3 service Managers for our 25 techs.... Atleast, 10-12 hourly office staff... 1 GM...
Not one of us in any part is allowed to multi task...
But the only lay offs, go to tge field guys.... Making the money...
If there us no revenue... Then there are no
P&L sheets, transfers, data, to even enter.... All jobs, companies have to be a team...
If one part is high and mighty, thinks they don't need the other, then we fail!!
If your going to trim fat.... It has to be every where....
There's no management without a work force.... But there's no work force without owners and managers...

Old 12-21-2011 | 06:07 AM
BgDadddy
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by aces25

It's a different story if someone isn't actually doing there job, regardless of job title or position. If they suck, they should be fired - end of story.
Trouble is, when you are dealing with unions, you can't do that. The people with seniority (who have gotten slow and complacent) are protected, and the newer folks (who are hungry and work their asses off) are the ones who get let go.

Makes sense to me...

Old 12-21-2011 | 07:13 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BgDadddy
Trouble is, when you are dealing with unions, you can't do that. The people with seniority (who have gotten slow and complacent) are protected, and the newer folks (who are hungry and work their asses off) are the ones who get let go.
Really? I have seniority and work my *** off. It is the younger ones that can't keep up as they have not been at the job long enough to know how to do it right. Maybe it is different in your union.

Old 12-21-2011 | 07:25 AM
BgDadddy
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Artlee
Really? I have seniority and work my *** off. It is the younger ones that can't keep up as they have not been at the job long enough to know how to do it right. Maybe it is different in your union.
Yes it is. In my (old... I left a couple of years ago) union, the people with the most seniority did the absolute minimum they could to get by. They knew they couldn't get fired, so why put any effort into getting their (undeserved) paycheck?

The newer folks worked their asses off to try to impress the bosses, which accomplished nothing.

Really left a bad taste in my mouth toward unions.

Quick Reply: Harley offers voluntary layoffs