General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEST ROADSIDE ASSISTENCE

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 10:02 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BEST ROADSIDE ASSISTENCE

http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/assist.asp

http://www.theautoclub.com/motorcycle/index.jsp

here is a couple I found using a search engine. I have heard of AMA being decent.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:13 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

When I bought my Harley, they automatically gave me a membership to HOG. I haven't needed to use it yet, but it came with the bike, so we will see what they are like should I ever need them.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:56 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

anybody tried AMA ...does somebody likke AAA offer anything ?? Right now I don't have nothing , but am interested.
AAA has an RV/Motorcycle addition to the regular membership. I don't remember but it's 100 or 200 miles anywhere you want to go.
I've never used it, but I have it. I'll have to look it up.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:59 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

RV and motorcycle towing and RV tire change service

For an additional fee, the Auto Club offers RV and Motorcycle Towing and RV Tire Change service. With this optional coverage, you can call for RV or motorcycle towing or RV tire change service up to a total of four (4) times per household, each membership year.** You'll receive up to $200 in service per disablement (up to $300 in service per disablement for AAA Premier members) when assistance is provided by independent contracted businesses dispatched by the Automobile Club of Southern California. If RV or motorcycle towing or RV tire change service is obtained from a non-contracted service provider, or outside the Southern California area, you'll receive a reimbursement up to the above applicable amount. This applies to any RV or motorcycle you own, borrow or rent. You'll be eligible to call for an RV or motorcycle tow or RV tire change as soon as you receive your valid new card(s) noting "RV/Motorcycle" or seven days after receipt of your fee payment, whichever is earlier.

Recreational vehicles are vehicles used for recreational purposes such as motor homes, camper vans, cab-over campers and trailers including camping and fifth-wheel trailers. Even boat trailers, utility trailers and horse trailers*** that are used for recreational purposes are considered RVs and are eligible for service under RV and motorcycle towing and RV tire change service.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:00 PM
fatboylust
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to use the HOG RSA once and wasn't pleased with the out come. I have AAA for my car and motorhome and in Washington State that combination automatically covers the motorcycle. I had to use it once and AAA did their part without fail. In some states AAA does not cover motorcycles but if your state does then your covered in all states.

FBL

Old 12-09-2006, 12:41 AM
MAX EVO
Road Captain

The thing I dont like about Mow Tow is that they only tow a bike up to 35 miles while HOG will tow to the NEAREST QUALIFIED PLACE.I heard Formost Ins has a towing program anyone try that one?

Old 12-09-2006, 02:37 AM
molsenice
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was stranded and HOG was the only folks who would come - they did awesome by me