General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Those That Bought Aftermarket Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:01 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
There is a hell of difference in helping the economy and being legged over .... I certainly will support American made and have 4 Harleys to prove that point and i'm not even American ..... but IF the industry isn't making massive profits as you say then the way things are now and are likely to go next year and beyond some are going to go down the pan because people are (a) not going to have the sort of money their asking because they are thinking jobs and a roof over their head (b) not putting custom wheels on their rides because before you could factor in the price UP TO a POINT when you came to sell it ..... now with more people having to sell their rides because they need the money for (a) it's a buyers market bike prices are down so your going to think twice about $3000 or more for 2 wheels to put on your reduced value Harley....
$3000 or more for 2 wheels? What are they made of platinum?

Old 12-15-2011, 02:48 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 575 Likes on 346 Posts

I have purchased wheels from you twice and both times have been good experiences.

Echoing others on the board:

1) Price - especially in light of today's economic environment;
2) Design - or the lack of "cool" designs, also ties in with price;
3) Customer Service - ability to obtain information, correct wheel and other ancillary items for the wheels to fit said bike. As mentioned before, a graph with checks (e.g. spacers) on what additional is needed to make the wheels fit correctly.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone. No surprise that price is the main consideration and quality of company.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:40 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Cost, size and style, that said I don't need or want a billet wheel when a cast one is much cheaper and more forgiving while looking just as good is the more expensive wheels, its just not needed for most people especially on a cruiser.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:00 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

carpetride ..... I am being conservative ..... wheels in England are not cheap as i have said before you guy's in America have got it made if you want American made custom wheels, here you need a donors card .....

Old 12-17-2011, 10:11 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Rob, what i liked most about the deal you and i made was that
they came as a package, wheels, bearings, tires, hubs, it just made it so much more easy to buy, when you all know what you are doing, and the customer service is a very big factor these days, IMHO customer service is more important than the price, it will bring me back time and time again!!

Old 12-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

There is no damn way to justify the HIGH prices for motorcycle wheels. Two sides finished my azz.

When I was wanting to change the wheels on my Heritage so I could run tubeless, I looked about 2 seconds at aftermarket. Then I looked at HD wheels and bought them.

Maybe if these wheel companies dropped the price they'd sell more and make more money overall.

When looking at car wheels the difference is amazing. I hadn't looked at those in decades till I started looking at some for my wife's car. American Racing Wheels, in business for over 50 years, has some nice chrome wheels for under 200 each.

My first sentence in this post and the last above speaks the truth!

Old 12-18-2011, 07:06 AM
LimeNine9r
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a toolmaker/machinist by trade, I appreciate the machining on billet aluminum wheels. .
I have Performance Machines "Seville" wheels, because of the price and style, ease of cleaning/polishing verses laced spokes.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:59 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LimeNine9r
I'm a toolmaker/machinist by trade, I appreciate the machining on billet aluminum wheels. .
I have Performance Machines "Seville" wheels, because of the price and style, ease of cleaning/polishing verses laced spokes.
flicking the switch on the water jet???

Old 12-19-2011, 03:05 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

I got after market wheels but I got them from HD
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Quick Reply: For Those That Bought Aftermarket Wheels