General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Git hit in the rear at a stop light, in traffic (Be careful out there)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Originally Posted by crewser
+1^ sounds fishy...we are getting 1 side of a story.
Ask away, I'll answer any question you have about what happened.

I'll be in court on Thursday to settle this once and for all.

Then I am planning on filing a "Bad Faith" complaint against Allstate and two of their agents.

Total damage to the bike was almost $5000.00. Allstate paid part, then has refused to return the shops calls and letters looking for the balance.

Total medical was just over $700.00- Allstate offered me $63.00 in compensation.

Keep in mind, I was sitting still at a red light and hit from behind. Allstate has pulled all this junk, even though they assumed 100% liability for the accident.

Last edited by Toypuller; 12-13-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Toypuller
I was sitting still at a red light and got slammed.

Allstate (her insurance) too 100% liability on behalf of their client.

Then, they told me I would be assessed a "liability quotient" because I was on an "inherently unsafe vehicle". North Carolina law says if you are partially at fault, then you can't collect pain and suffering. If they convinced me to accept partial blame, they wouldn't have to pay.

Allstate agreed to a rental (my primary vehicle is a bike). Then reneged because I also own a truck. Their reasoning was that "Nobody uses a motorcycle for primary transportation"

Allstate agreed to loss of use payment (Bike was down for 2.5 months), then reneged because down time was more than 20 days.

Allstate stated because I chose to ride a motorcycle, they shouldn't have to pay. If I had been in a car, the damage would be less.

Allstate refused to reimburse medical.

Allstate refused to pay the full repair bill.

Allstate refused to pay towing.

Allstate repeatedly lied, delayed, and reneged on agreements.

I am suing their client, because they are so difficult to deal with. Back to court on Thursday, with their insured.
You don't honestly expect Allstate to pay claims do you??? WTF - with all their expenses for that advertizing about protecting you from MAYHEM --- That is costing them a fortune, and they have no money left to actually do what they were hired to do - PAY CLAIMS WHEN THEIR INSURRED CUSTOMER CAUSES MAYHEM! I've been phucked by Allstate too (homeowners, not car or bike), and will never give them another dime for their BS coverage.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:44 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by rh8234
You don't honestly expect Allstate to pay claims do you??? WTF - with all their expenses for that advertizing about protecting you from MAYHEM --- That is costing them a fortune, and they have no money left to actually do what they were hired to do - PAY CLAIMS WHEN THEIR INSURRED CUSTOMER CAUSES MAYHEM! I've been phucked by Allstate too (homeowners, not car or bike), and will never give them another dime for their BS coverage.
Yeah, THAT!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2011, 03:16 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by Poochie
or texting at redlights, ......
hell, around here, they don't wait until they're at a stop light to text. that wouldn't bother me so much (unless they blow a green light over it), but around here they'll drive 50mph down the left lane, in a 65mph zone because they're paying no attention to what they're doing, and more attention to facebook.....

Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
hell, around here, they don't wait until they're at a stop light to text. that wouldn't bother me so much (unless they blow a green light over it), but around here they'll drive 50mph down the left lane, in a 65mph zone because they're paying no attention to what they're doing, and more attention to facebook.....
HUH??? Ya can't drive an look at FB? somebody should tell Iowa!!!!!! I got forced onto the getoff on I 80 about an hour ago by some azzjack lookin at what appeared to be fb on his big giant phone. He was close enough for me to see it before I finally gave way.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
jauslong
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In NYC, I've actually kicked a couple car doors while on my bike, both times they were taxis trying to merge into me. Luckily nothing like that on the highway!

They get pissed too, when you do that. Better be prepared to get the F outta there.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm saving up 50 years of anger for when that last guy rear ends me and I walk back, drag him out of his SUV, and make him eat his cell phone.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by Toypuller
...Keep in mind, I was sitting still at a red light and hit from behind. Allstate has pulled all this junk, even though they assumed 100% liability for the accident.
Years ago I got rear ended like that, but in a cage, and Allstate wouldn't send anyone out to the car, said I had to bring it to an office of theirs in another town. Second experience with Allstate was as a passenger in a cage (was glad for wrap around metal on this one), got hit by an out of control semi, had to sue Allstate (truck's insurance) to get anything - their agent actually said, was bad weather, we shouldn't have been driving. B--ds ended up paying a lot more than just covering costs. Never considered them for any kind of insurance since. These kind of experiences don't make for good repeat business or referrals; maybe that's why they need to advertise so much. Only company I think might be worse is Progressive, sure gave my daughter a hard time when their customer rear ended her. Double teamed her with two agents - she called me over and they backed off real quick. Mess with my kid and I won't play nice...

Old 12-13-2011, 05:44 PM
right hook
Cruiser

I for one fully believe in insurance nightmares. Get a bad claims agent and they will try anything to make a name in their company.

Ethics do not always apply.

Being right doesn't necessarily mean you will get paid without pushing back, it's a gamble.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Swank
2nd Gear

Instead of fully and fairly paying legitimate claims, Allstate, State Farm, etc. have spent that money on an advertising blitz to skew public opinion against lawyers and "frivilous" claims - which anyone who has actually had to deal with with kind of crap knows is complete b.s. Katrina taught just about everyone down here what a load that is. Had Allstate simply paid Toypuller what they owed, there would have been no lawsuit. So whose fault is it that there are so many "car wreck" suits???

Quick Reply: Git hit in the rear at a stop light, in traffic (Be careful out there)