General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Git hit in the rear at a stop light, in traffic (Be careful out there)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,573 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Could have been a lot worse at least you were fine,and no damage to the bike.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:29 AM
CSP067
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

As for the OP, yeah very glad to hear the damage was minimal and you could drive away. But I still say that riding in South Florida is sharing the roads with zombies. Very nearly dead, deaf, blind, unconscious, no license, no insurance, no concern. It's an adventure every time!

Now for Allstate, wow! If that list of complaints is representative of their standard operating tactics, they should be dragged before the state insurance commissioner at least. That's really horrible!

Old 12-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Racer99
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Something is completely OFF-WACK about this "ALLSTATE" thing?

Old 12-13-2011, 07:38 AM
crewser
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1^ sounds fishy...we are getting 1 side of a story.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doeas not sound fishy to me...Sounds familiar to me, just a different ins. company (State Farm) My wife was hit head on by another driver in NC who adimitted she fell asleep, long story I have never sued anyone, been hit 3 times in the rear never sued but in this case I had to sue, by a new car in the mean time wait a year before I got my money back...it sucks to be in a wreck and glad your are OK...
Originally Posted by crewser
+1^ sounds fishy...we are getting 1 side of a story.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Denver Dave
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

A few safety reminders I pay attention to regarding trying to avoid being rear-ended: when in a double-left turn lane, I always go to the inside lane. I've seen the through traffic sometimes mistake the outside lane as a through lane and we don't want to be the small red brake light sitting there at night they don't see. Also, until someone pulls up and stops behind you at any light, keep it in gear just in case you need to get out of the way of a distracted driver. Also, +1 on what Imold says: flash your brakes while sitting there until you know they are stopping. Sadly, a girl in my BMW riding club was killed here in Denver when construction traffic was backing up and she was rear-ended by an unapologetic drunk housewife.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Poochie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this has always been the most dangerous time to ride. as soon as daylight savings time starts around Halloween, and the Christmas shopping idiots hit the road...you have to be more careful than normal. People are stupid and just don't care. between the cell phones, crossing lanes to get to wal-mart, or texting at redlights, the dangers are more abundant all around. i always leave the bike in gear when stopped, always watch the mirror, and always stop to the side of the car in front...so i can get the hell out the way when i see the glow of a phone on someone's face coming up from behind. glad you made it out OK, and there was no damage to your ride...hopefully the woman learned a lesson, but i seriously doubt it.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:00 AM
rossn2
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 73 Posts

Ran into thick fog on way to work today. So, turned on the Emergency Flashers and constantly looked in mirrors..

Attached Thumbnails Git hit in the rear at a stop light, in traffic (Be careful out there)-flhtk-ii.jpg  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Glad there was no damage. This is one of my nightmares.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Keep postin' Poochie... just keep postin'!

Still climbin' those stairs

Quick Reply: Git hit in the rear at a stop light, in traffic (Be careful out there)