General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shoei Qwest Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 06:21 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Shoei Qwest Helmet

Does anybody own and wear a Shoei Qwest Helmet.
Do you ride in HOt weather like 100* with it ?
How does it do.
Any chance you use bluetooth with it ?

Thanks.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Saphira
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do. I love it. Very comfortable and quiet. I wear an intercom with bluetooth without a problem. The face shield is easy to put up and down and the field of vision is great. It is lightweight. I have not ridden with it in 100+ weather but it has a lot of vents. The price is right. There is an Arie helmet which is suppose to be better but it costs $630.00. I do not have any complaints about this helmet.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:45 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Thanks
I'd rather not pay 630 for a helmet.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:22 AM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw the Qwest @ the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach today. Doesn't look much different than the RF1000, more aerodynamic, vents seems to be larger. Wouldn't be able to judge the noise cutback without wearing it while riding. I think the Matte Black is $387.

Don't care who makes the helmet riding in 100+ is gonna be a sweat fest no matter what.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:19 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard
Does anybody own and wear a Shoei Qwest Helmet.
Do you ride in HOt weather like 100* with it ?
How does it do.
Any chance you use bluetooth with it ?

Thanks.
Supposed to be a great helmet but only if you have a Shoei shaped head. It is made to vent optimally in the upright riding position compared to a sport bike helmet that vents best in a forward lean. Shoei helmets in my experience only fit those with a rounder head shape. If you want a good helmet designed for an upright riding position but the Shoei does not fit optimally have a look at the Arai RX-Q (oval head shape) or Arai Signet-Q (long oval/long front to back & narrow side to side head shape).

A tinted visor keeps a helmet cooler as does raising the visor in slow traffic. My Arai helmet is nice and cool in any temp as long as you are moving to force air into the vents, in fact I have to shut some of the vents in cool weather to keep from freezing my head. Make sure your head is not protected by a windshield to stay cool. FF helmet vents need access to the wind to work.

Bell helmets fit like shoei and their higher end helmets are known for their exceptional venting.

Last edited by fat_tony; 12-11-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:47 AM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have had the Quest for a year now. It is quiet, with a great field of vision. Use a pinlock visor and it won't fog up it the rain or cold. I use the J&M bluetooth headset. It also works well, The sound is much better than the Scala Q4 that I used previously.
I think it's the best helmet out there, and not for the price, the best. And I have a Arai RX7.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:15 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BBStacker
Saw the Qwest @ the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach today. Doesn't look much different than the RF1000, more aerodynamic, vents seems to be larger. Wouldn't be able to judge the noise cutback without wearing it while riding. I think the Matte Black is $387.

Don't care who makes the helmet riding in 100+ is gonna be a sweat fest no matter what.
Was told the RF1000 is more for sport bike riding, when you are bent over you git better air flow.
With the qwest its more of a upright riding position to git the air flow.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought a Qwest this fall...my first full-faced helmet. I haven't tried it in the heat yet, but I have been most pleased with what a comfortable, quiet helmet this is. It does fog in cool weather, so I want to get a pin lock shield and then it should be just about perfect.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:11 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Got me one today.
Man it don't buffer and you don't hear all the wind noise with it.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Sikk50
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a matte black. I like it but honestly it could vent better.

Quick Reply: Shoei Qwest Helmet