General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carbonfiberhelmets.com Helmet Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Xocjm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: carbonfiberhelmets.com Helmet Options

What I love about mine is how small it is, and how light it is. Mine, natural with quick disconnect. I Love It!!! Michael

[IMG]local://upfiles/9088/C1AECEA7B8384571B84B2CD7B7CC444C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Basz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wildman67

I love my helmet from them, but if I had the choice again I would get the D-ring's. The quick release sucks I always put mine in crooked and have 1 Hell of a time getting it off!
Wildman - when you get it in crooked, instead of trying to pull it apart - push it further in first then pull it apart.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:15 AM
ratzila
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dot costs about a $100 more than the non-dot. I have both. The dot with d-rings & non-dot with quick disconnect. The non-dot does not parachute back as much as the dot, but both are better than any other half helmets I have owned.

ORIGINAL: TimmerK

Doe anybody know for sure, is the nondot & Dot the same price? Kinda confused by the website, (that happens alot[8D]) Tim

Old 12-07-2006, 02:21 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick release for sure. The ear pads are nice when the temps drop. A snap on visor may look silly, but you can buy a snap on face shield at any aftermarket parts house and that comes in really handy when the rain starts coming down.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Bluerose

Well it's all ordered.

Natural Color, No Visor, no ear flaps (because they are not removable), with D-rings. Sure hope he likes it after all this!
I was told it would arive in 2 weeks...might actually make it for Christmas!

Better get the kids watching for the box ...[8D]

Old 12-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,

Sounds like the deed is done but I'll let you know what happened to me anyway..........

The first one I ordered just like the size chart said and it was right on the verge of the next size bigger........so guess what, when I got it, it just too small and wouldn't fit right so I ordered the next bigger size.....

I thought the first one I ordered would have plenty of room to play with but it wasn't so.......it took awhile to get the first one, I don't remember exactly but about 3 months and that was only a couple of months ago......but when I returned the small one for the next bigger size, it got back in about two weeks and was barely bigger than the first one...........

The first one came with two blue foam adjustment liners and the second came with one. The first one had D-Rings and when I got the second, it had D-Rings but also came with a quick adjustment fixture in a plastic bag......I didn't open it and look at it but I think you just fit it on with the D-Rings and use it either way.

I have been using the D-Ring only and the only problem I have found is that I have to tighten the chin strap more than I want to keep it from sliding back on my head.....this usually only happens in gusty wind or over 65 or 70 but it's a nuisance. That said, it is the best and lightest lid I have used and the aero far beats any other similar helmet I have used. They told me not to get the visor if I had a problem with air pushing my neck especially on longer trips (no windshield)........I don't know about the ear flaps........

I guess the only thing I can say is that I am not sure how they arrive at the sizes or how they fall out of the mold because the two different sizes I have tried are very very close to being the same. I do remember a thread where one of the guys couldn't get his to fit and they took it back and changed the overall shape of the lid as far as the roundness was concerned or something like that.

Anyway, if it doesn't work just keep sending it back until you get one that works best because it's the best helmet I have used so far.......

Good luck,
Draggin S

Old 12-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Bluerose

Thanks Draggin S that's good info.

Hubby does not have a windshield and I know he was worried about the the wind catching it.