General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley credit

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 04:43 PM
drew4jan
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I can aford to pay cash for most anything I wish, but still finance occasionally to help keep my credit score high in case I may actually need it. Credit cards are the evil that befall most with high interest rates.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

As it is with the majority of creditors, the better your credit score the better your rate and the more satisfied with the company providing you the credit. I did 12 months with Harley just because it was easy and done on the spot. It was a short note but the percentage rate was very low, and I found the experience to be just fine! Friendly helpful folks whenever I called for anything, and I had them debit the payment automatically. Uneventful. After I paid the bike off, they took another payment as you are suppose to cancel auto payments two months in advance of pay-off, which I didn't know. I called them on Monday, and the Money was direct deposited back to my account by Friday, less than a week.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would look into more then just Harley credit. Shop around for the best rate is good advice

Old 12-07-2011, 05:02 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

MADHOG - When someone says that their credit rating has dropped because of large purchases, what other conclusion can be made?

I would suggest that I was offering good advice and am not concerned that the OP or anyone else wanted to hear it. Are you suggesting that I can not post whatever my thought is on the subject?

Remember the value of free advice is just that - not worth anything.

The OP should call the Suzie Orman show and get her advice. She would be a lot tougher and more frank. "Denied!"

Old 12-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Sethjamto
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Easy fellas. I'd like to find anyone who just bought a house say that their score didn't drop some right afterwards..... all I asked was how is HD's credit for different credit scores. I've been advised by HELPFUL members. I thank them for that. You? Not so much....

Old 12-07-2011, 05:55 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
MADHOG - When someone says that their credit rating has dropped because of large purchases, what other conclusion can be made?

I would suggest that I was offering good advice and am not concerned that the OP or anyone else wanted to hear it. Are you suggesting that I can not post whatever my thought is on the subject?

Remember the value of free advice is just that - not worth anything.

The OP should call the Suzie Orman show and get her advice. She would be a lot tougher and more frank. "Denied!"
If I had to listen to that annoying bitch for more than a second, I would pour gas on my ***** and light them up.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:10 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
Told you.
So true. So many opinions...so little time.

To the OP, you obviously know your credit, shop around and do the best you can. Give HD a chance to beat the best deal, if you're interested in a warranty they'll throw some in there.

At least you thought about financing before buying, a good move.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:39 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dynawideglider

At least you thought about financing before buying, a good move.
Very good point. Too many people walk in to buy a car or bike uneducated on the process and shop by payments. Then we they get approved they are happy and walk out with a 18% interest rate

Old 12-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
Very good point. Too many people walk in to buy a car or bike uneducated on the process and shop by payments. Then we they get approved they are happy and walk out with a 18% interest rate

The infamous "How much do you want your monthly payment to be?" and the dealer extends the loan period from 4 years to 7 years with high interest and the people think they are getting a deal by the lower monthly payment haha

Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

With good credit, Harley is competitive and the rate can be negotiable to a certain extent. Another good thing about going with Harley, if you sell your scooter before it is paid off the dealer will work with the prospective buyer.

As low as interest rates can be these days, there is nothing wrong with financing a bike if you can afford the payments. It is simply not that expensive. Depending on your personal situation and your credit rating, even if you have a substantial amount for a down payment, it might be beneficial to keep it in the bank and finance a little more. Do the math.

Quick Reply: Harley credit