General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeese vs. the tooteldos

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM
BCguy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I, personally, am totally sick and tired of all three of these guys and REALLY wish they would disappear. Please!

Old 12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by BCguy
I, personally, am totally sick and tired of all three of these guys and REALLY wish they would disappear. Please!
That's easily done. Just don't watch the shows and read forum threads about them. Problem solved.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
He looked over them just fine, and wasnt all over the place like jr.
LMAO, the hell he did. In his ride he tried to look over them, then he looked off to the right side. Not to mention he looked like he about dumped it when he pulled it out on stage.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:08 PM
capnez
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Paul's are Sanford and Son do Motorcycles.It is just recast. Fred Sanford is played by Sr;Lamont is played by JR The do not create anything.The have other peoples stuff brought in in a Big Brown truck not a 1950's red ford

Old 12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by harleytuner
LMAO, the hell he did. In his ride he tried to look over them, then he looked off to the right side. Not to mention he looked like he about dumped it when he pulled it out on stage.
The video I saw he was looking left and right to check his distance from the low-mounted camera probably hung off the back of a pick-up or van to get that head-on shot. I can't see low straight ahead and my front wheel on my Ultra-classic either. He can see fine straight ahead for a car or truck, but he can't see what's right in front of him. Actually, except for his back being bent into a 'C,' his hands look like they're in about the same position a lot of the bikers I see with Apes are in relation to his shoulders.

As far as dumping it on the stage, or nearly so, I can't comment. I fast forwarded the DVR through so much of the show I didn't see that. I've almost dumped my bike in slow, tight maneuvering before too. The whole thing was about the biggest waste of time and money I've ever seen.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:26 PM
DanDolfn
Tourer

Then again only people allowed to ride trikes should be people physically unable to ride a 2 wheeled piece other then that why ruin a good bike.

Was that supposed to be a dig? Not much class, big guy.

The reason I went with a trike conversion is to spend more time with my wife. She's a lung cancer survivor and has emphysema and requires oxygen 24/7. She liked to ride with me on the bike, but anything physical is a chore, like getting on and off a bike, and it was hard to replace her oxygen bottles without having her get off the bike. The trike will be more stable and I can get on and off and replace the bottles for her more easily without having to make her move.

But even if I did it for me, why would you want to rain on my parade?

Why would you care whether I ride a trike, a scooter, a bicycle or a car? Maybe my minivan means I'm not a real man, too?

:-)

Last edited by DanDolfn; 12-08-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:21 PM
h2o
Road Captain

I don't think it was even close. JJ by a mile but I wouldn't want to ride any of them.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sldavis
I'd like to see the contest redone, with the same three participants, under these rules.
1) You have to build the bike yourself, no assistance. (No vinnie, Rick, etc)
2)You cannot buy a frame or gas tank.
3)You have to paint it yourself.
How long do they have? So they can't even have help putting the motor in the frame so they don't scratch the living crap out of both? I guess JJ would have to build his on the floor since he didn't have a hydrolic lift in his shop and he wouldn't have any help getting it down.

JJ was going to do this but ran out of time and realized he NEEDED help to finish on time. I mean, this is why he went with a simple design...he had a time issue and wanted to do it all by himself. Even with that he needed help and still wound up with a pretty plain looking bike. (Though I'm still impressed by his building skills.)

It funny but who knew their audience better? I think Jr and Sr did. You guys are right, put those three bikes out in front of a bunch of motorcycle riders and JJ would probably come out ahead. But that wasn't the audience. It wasn't about riding the bikes to the show, having something you could put 1,000 miles on or who actually built what. It was about building something that would wow a common crowd and make them go "ooooh" and "aaaaaahhh". Jr's bike did that, I think Sr was hoping for that but went too far, and Jessie didn't give a shat about building for the crowd. The bike that should have won this contest...won. In a different contest perhaps another bike would win.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:13 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Robotech
It funny but who knew their audience better? I think Jr and Sr did. You guys are right, put those three bikes out in front of a bunch of motorcycle riders and JJ would probably come out ahead.
It'd have to be put in front of motor cycle builders and techs for him to win IMO. To be honest, everage riders wouldn't know the difference between his bike and the many, many others out there that are the same style, average riders have seen that bike thousands of times over. At damn near every bike night across the country. It's the craftmanship and his skills that make it stand out. If the people didn't know he hand made the frame and pounded the tins, it'll look like any other one that was bolted together by mail order parts. you could line that bike up next to 5 other customs and not say who built it, and you might (probably) would be surprised at the results. If those 3 bikes were put in a show, and who built them wasn't mentioned, I bet alot of people would say JR's bike was cool. But since we all know his shop built (assembled, whatever) it, it's coming across as a piece of ****.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:39 PM
fiveliter
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by capnez
The Paul's are Sanford and Son do Motorcycles.It is just recast. Fred Sanford is played by Sr;Lamont is played by JR The do not create anything.The have other peoples stuff brought in in a Big Brown truck not a 1950's red ford
Who plays Ester?

Quick Reply: Jeese vs. the tooteldos