General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD sold me a bike with a state lien on it!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
kennygsuperglide
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I f I am reading you correctly you bought the bike used and financed it. No problem. seems to me the previous owner defaulted on his loan so it was repo'ed. no problem. then you purchase the bike, The lean stays till the bike is paid for. no problem. The lean will be lifted when you make final payment. you can still register the bike with your pink slip. I would look into it a little more, but I think this is what's up. If so, don't panic it's no big deal bro.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:04 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

In God we trust, all others pay cash.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

First why the heck do you say HD did it. They have nothing to do with it at all.

Entirely on the selling dealer. It is their problem to solve. Their sale is not complete until they provide the title.

Ownership only only passes when the value passes. Go to them and make an immediate demand for your money back and leave the bike there.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a troll job. 1 post and disappear.

If you used Harley finance, they would retain the title until you pay off your loan.

If it is true, it sounds like a dealership and Harley Financial problem.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Blackfly
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
I don't care what your name is, I don't trust you "trustme530".
Uh yeah. Like the name HONEST MIND from the biker or not site. Give me a break. By the way in New York at least, a stranger saying trust me translates to F@#% You

Old 12-06-2011, 02:48 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by trustme530
Needs some help! I purchased a bike from our local Harley dealer back in Sept of 2011. I went threw Harley Corporation for my loan. After months of trying to get it titled in my name I find out today that there is a lien from the state of Indiana on the title that has been on the title since 2008. Bunch of BS to me, any ideas of what to do... contacting an attorney tomorrow! Any suggestions????
Cough Cough ...bullshit , cough damn smells like troll in here

Old 12-06-2011, 08:01 AM
TI06
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

How could you have even left the dealership with the bike in the first place? If title wasn't in your name when you picked up the bike you shouldn't have been able to take possession. Whenever I bought bikes I gave the dealer my insurance info and they took care of title etc. I go in pick up my bike with title and good to go. In your situation title would not have been able to transfer to you so it's up to the dealer to rectify the problem. How did you ever leave the dealership with a bike that's not titled to you? Maybe here in Canada things are different.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Trust me, he's right!

Originally Posted by Blackfly
Uh yeah. Like the name HONEST MIND from the biker or not site. Give me a break. By the way in New York at least, a stranger saying trust me translates to F@#% You

Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,966 Likes on 4,159 Posts

Mistakes happen and if your Harley Dealer is on the up and up he will get it straight. It will take time. I bought one from a private sale and before turning over cash was walking thru paper work and to seller clear title meant bank had it. HA. Got to talking to bank and they had been trying to get title for three months. Did a little home work at my local DMV an it turned out the bike was still titled 6 states over to a guy. Showed it to bank and seller. Thought they would fall on the floor with their look. However it all worked out at least for me. I would ask the dealer simple what he is going to do and how long it will take. If the answer is not to you liking guess attorney is you only recourse. However if I were you I would give dealer a chance. If dealer is going South speed on your part is only to cost you more and spinning wheels is going to cost you. Sorry

Old 12-06-2011, 01:11 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 770 Posts

2 things come to mind:
1. The OP bought a used bike from a dealer and financed with HD and has not yet been able to get it titled? Does not make sense.
2. The OP has not responded to any questions so he must have resolved the problem already. Perfect.

Quick Reply: HD sold me a bike with a state lien on it!!