General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

announcing the 2012 Hoka Hey Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 09:12 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,253 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Just received an email. A copy and past of it is below.

> Hoka Hey Winner Sues Organizers For 5.29 Million
>
> Posted by BikersPost on June 27, 2012 at 9:35am in Motorcycle News
> View Discussions
>
> In October 2011, after the announce by Hoka Hey organizers Jim and Beth Durham, that all 11 contenders were disqualified (those who finished the 14,000 miles from Arizona to Nova Scotia, Canada inside the allotted time) and that nobody would receive the promised prize money (including $250,00 cash and a $40,000 motorcycle for the top winner) I interviewed William Barclay, already winner of the 2010 edition and again the 1st one to go through the finish line in 2011. At that time, Barclay gave me very little information about his conflict with the organizers, but promised to contact me first as soon as he could talk…
>
> Yesterday, Barclay contacted me and gave me with a copy of the lawsuit he just filed in District Of Arizona against “The Medecine Show Land Trust” (James G. Redcloud, Elizatheth Durham) and E.B. Chester (Harley-Davidson Mesa, AZ) for breach of contract, breach of covenant, intentional interference with contract, intentional interference with business advantage, slander, libel, conspiracy. He is requesting a jury trial and asks the defendants to pay him a total of $5.29 million in damages, plus attorney fees and court costs. I attach a full PDF copy of the lawsuit at the end of this article".
>

> Read more: http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2012/06...l-barclay-winn...

All I have to say is............................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyUKnCf0YY

Last edited by IronAss; 06-28-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:33 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still don't have a dog in this fight, but did we not see this coming? I was wanting to see the riders off this year at the start, but it is at the same time I leave for Sturgis. Oh well, maybe next year.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:41 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SleeplessinVegas
I still don't have a dog in this fight, but did we not see this coming? I was wanting to see the riders off this year at the start, but it is at the same time I leave for Sturgis. Oh well, maybe next year.
I'll be there seeing them off. Just hope they have more than last year riding in it. I might ride over to Sturgis after the start of the HHC.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:34 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IA, well hope to see/meet you in Sturgis. What happened to your over the road truck driving job, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SleeplessinVegas
IA, well hope to see/meet you in Sturgis. What happened to your over the road truck driving job, if you don't mind me asking?
I am planning on just a quick stop in Sturgis and then going to the Crazy Horse Monument to see how much farther along it is. After that I'm going to maybe spend a day or so around Hill City and then head home. I'll PM you my cell. Give me a call around the 6th or 7th and maybe we can get together for a drink.

As far as my job, I failed my physical when I went in to renew my CDL medical. Trying to fix what caused me to fail (Blood pressure) but not having much luck so far. Been workin on it with my Doc for about 3 weeks now and can't it down to where both numbers are within specs.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:55 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss

As far as my job, I failed my physical when I went in to renew my CDL medical. Trying to fix what caused me to fail (Blood pressure) but not having much luck so far. Been workin on it with my Doc for about 3 weeks now and can't it down to where both numbers are within specs.
that's a bummer to hear

Old 06-28-2012, 04:34 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
that's a bummer to hear
Not all bad. Getting to do some summer riding for a change. They have me scheduled for a stress test so maybe we can find out if there is some underlying cause for it.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:46 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iron ***........I will be in Vegas.....love to meet you before I leave......I am rider #737....

Old 07-09-2012, 08:31 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 07yellowglide
Iron ***........I will be in Vegas.....love to meet you before I leave......I am rider #737....
I'll be sending you a PM later tonight.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

I am aware that many think the Hoka Hey is a scam and doesn't benefit anyone but the Organizers. I am also aware that regardless of what any of us that are actually a part of it say, the haters will still hate and the "know it all's" will still spout their unsupported bullshit.

For the rest of you, I wanted to post this message from the Hoka Hey online group from one of my fellow Challengers that relates a little about one of the many things the Hoka Hey organization and it's Challengers both past and present do to try and help the people of Pine Ridge SD and others in the U.S.

Below is a cut and past from that message. I have redacted the names of a couple people as I have not gotten their permission to make their names public.

Thanks to those that understand what we try to do and phuk off to those that just want to trash us.

"Just wanted to drop a line or update on Pine Ridge...Thanks to HOKA HEY & Our Supporters, Jim & I have been delivering Buffalo meat to families on the Reservation the past three days. A Local Rancher, a Big HHMC Supporter, donated 1000 lbs. of ground buffalo meat to be given to families on the res by HH Warriors...She also donated 14 buffalo skulls to be used in the Sundance next week. The families on Pine Ridge are so grateful for the things Hoka Hey has done and is trying to do for them. And they show it with a family kind of kinship. The smiles alone are worth the $300 worth of gas, miles & hours it took to make the deliveries. So Remember "OUR" Cause and Reason and Vison behind the HHMC...then when you're starting to lose it on the challenge, remember what it's for !
(name removed), they're still talking about Your delivery of the "Blankets" !

Your Warrior Brother,
(name removed):

Last edited by IronAss; 07-18-2012 at 10:58 PM.