General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full throttle saloon

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:20 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts
Default Full throttle saloon

Saw the new episode of FTS last night. Mike said they were going to do something different this year. After watching it, it looked like last years show - nothing different, but I guess if girls didn't show more skin then they're allowed, idiots getting drunk and fighting, they run out of beer or Frajita Mike getting bombed, it wouldn't be on TV.
Still it was interesting - better then watching some other dumb reality show. op:

Angie's still cute.

Anyone see it?

Old 12-01-2011, 09:25 AM
funnythebunny
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fell asleep halfway through... 2nd half must have been as boring as the 1st....

I like giving shows an opportunity, but its the staged drama that kills each one...

Old 12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I watched it and it seemed the exact same as last year, they keep saying they will step it up for this year but seems pretty much the same party just a few different players

Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 AM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lame and the head honcho is too old to be sporting those dreads imo. he looks like a fruitcake. is he from cali? lol

Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 AM
73oldsman
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't understand why people put themselves thru all that crap if there's no money in it, as they say. Getting rid of the losers is the way to run a business. Fajita Mike...out! Or is he? They'll probably have him show back up to play up the drama part of the show, as someone else mentioned. And that other dude that keeps quitting every year, although he didn't this year....friend or not, would have been long gone. He would have never been allowed back on the property. Mike keeps saying he's running a business but keeps making the same mistakes. It's deja vu all over again, in the words of Yogi Berra!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:19 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

this show blows, what a waste of time

Old 12-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Harley Joe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like they waited till the last minute to start getting the place ready for the crowd and now are playing on the drama it's causing. Seems the word "drama" is being used too much to describe this show. Maybe the SOA will come over and get it all fixed up.....and who cares if the Flaunt girls can't dance - all they gotta do is stand still and wiggle and I'm happy!!! And does anybody really think "mop-head" is gonna get rid of Angie and the girls?

Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,951 Likes on 22,548 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Saw the new episode of FTS last night. Mike said they were going to do something different this year. After watching it, it looked like last years show - nothing different, but I guess if girls didn't show more skin then they're allowed, idiots getting drunk and fighting, they run out of beer or Frajita Mike getting bombed, it wouldn't be on TV.
Still it was interesting - better then watching some other dumb reality show. op:

Angie's still cute.

Anyone see it?
I seen it, a lot of it looks very hoe-ky to me..
I think that it is way over dramatical, in a fake way to boot.

The only thing that appears to be of any real concern is $$$$$ to them..
He is always worried that he might not make enough money..
We all worry about that, but that what the whole show more or less centers on.. The prices that he charges are ridiculous as well. $6 bux for a beer that probably cost a nickel to make.. and .25 cents for the recepticle to hold it, and another .74 cents to distribute it.

The Flaunt girls are ridiculous as well.

We(my wife and me and anybody I know, local wise) do not support him or his establishment.

BTW On another similar note, Gunners lounge and the Oasis bar are both going up for auction today. Guess the owners must be getting cold feet and greedy and parinoid about the economy? Maybe Mike-y will buy one or both of them, who knows..?

Sturgis is really a nice town, except during the rally, and then it shows it ugly $$$$$ head, but most of these exploitists are from out of town anyway.. and do that where-ever they are. Nothin' new.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:42 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I was at the FTS a few times during the rally. Mostly day time/ early evening since we will only have a few and ride. Which meant we only really partied late night at our camp ground anyway. It was fine. The cameras where something to be avoided not chased.I became friends with two **** stars since one of them was hanging out with our direct neighbor at the campground they kept going down there to get on TV since they were in sturgis to promote themselves. It will be intresting to see if the girls make it on the show.
Personally I feel for the knuckle saloon. The FTS was ok but over the top. One eye jacks was fun too. I watched it last night just to remind me of my trip. I did see one of the bartenders I knew since she was commuting from broken spoke campground where we camped. One night I was there late enough I saw flaunt or at least angie on the stage. It is hard to see the stage unless you are right in front of it. Because of the cameras the FTS is great for people watching since all the out there folks who want to make it big go there to walk around and make money by getting tips for pictures with them. I probably will watch it mainly to continue to remind me of my trip.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts
Default At least it's Black, check this out...

oops.. wrong thread, C'ya

Last edited by Buckinfitch; 12-01-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Full throttle saloon