Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Order M/C

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:47 PM
55chevy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used to be bikers talked about drinkin beer, chasin women, and kickin ***. Now they talk about takin prescriptions, aches and pains, and surgeries. Damm, sucks gettin old, fat and bald Join the Wild Hogs!! You just have to beat up a Del Fuego.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:02 AM
KingmanOldDude
Stage I

The IOMC guys around here seem cool enough...Keep to themselves and don't start any trouble.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Brewzer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
All this interest in joining and MC is hilarious to me. How do people have time in their lives to devote to a club centered around a motorcycle.

They aren't one 1%ers but again they emulate the look of 1%ers.

What part of a brotherhood of like minded men equates to we need "scary" or shocking symbols on our vests to show who were are?

Seems to be a lot like how animals in nature have certain elements or displays to warn others. Well more than seems that is EXACTLY what it is.

There are tons of service orgs out there and groups of like minded people that don't need some outward symbol to "threaten or warn" others.

Traveling in packs to increase the odds in certain situations...

What compels you... Is it you need to make one more step towards making out your costume as a biker but don't REALLY want to commit to a MC club that may have stricter requirements or more hard core lifestyle? Is it you and others need to cling to a group of people to make you feel safer? Again lots of like minded groups that don't use such symbols and practice the same behaviors.

To me it seems like the more involved you get with an MC the less important the actual bike becomes as the whole "commitment" to the club becomes greater.

No matter how you justify it being someone's bitch to prove your loyalty to a club is painfully pathetic I don't give a **** what lies at the end of that road. I proved my loyalty once to something I committed to, the USMC. Even breaking the crap out of my body twice didn't stop me or the 6 surgeries it was the last one and the next 4 surgeries that forced me out. The proof of loyalty though is to show at least in part you will respond to orders and won't hopefully freak out when the bullets fly.

I am not sure how a yr of washing motorcycles and guarding clubhouses or fetching beer equates.

I'd actually understand it more and it would make more sense to me if prospecting was something like finding a rival club member and choking that SOB out with your hands and voila! you are a member. The whole tenure as a manservant doesn't really strike a cord with me.

The reality is I guess some of us don't get it, have no desire whatsoever to do it and we don't do it and we don't get it.
And there are types of men that want it desperately, they get it, whatever IT may be and they do it.

Clearly a case of whatever floats his/her own boat and to each his own.

The part I have to chuckle at is when someone tries so hard to convince me that it makes them special or that their bond is so strong. It REALLY means something. No not really not in the grand scheme of things.

It will never be as strong as someone I fought with in war, or someone that I work with now.

I see it all the time even, with people who are supposedly willing to martyr themselves for thier religion when they are confronted with some undeniable truths, that brotherhood means nothing to them and the only ones that stick to their guns do so not out of some sense of loyalty but because they are more than a bit effed up in the head. Those who are not crazy you'd be shocked at how easily most folks get rid of that "brotherhood" or "bond". Not nearly as difficult or time consuming as the movies make it seem.

From my perspective its all a myth...

PS I think I spend way too much time with our forensic shrink. lol. But I gotta admit she is smokin freakin hot AND brilliant.

Well said. I'm not impressed at all by these clubs or those in them. Some have a long history which is cool but it seems that alot has been lost.

I'm in a club where we wear our patches on our right shoulder(well, the Army guys do). Pretty tough application process too, some don't live through it. Maybe when I retire I will miss this brotherhood and think about a club but I doubt it.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:33 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Might want to read this;

http://www.agingrebel.com/4652

Old 07-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Sauceman
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just drink the kool-aid...

cheers

Old 07-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200
If they allow LEO in their club, they're a LEO club regardless of whether they wear a LEMC cube or not. Not for me but to each their own.

If they have a single firefighter in their club, is it a firefigher MC? How about a veteran? A dentist? A bricklayer? An American-Indian?

What you've said is the same thing many 1% clubs say. They simply don't want any cops in the MC world, and you can figure out why. If the 1%ers were only involved in charity toy drives and raising money for cancer research, why would they care if cops were around?

A LEMC is a club that is composed of a majority, if not entirely, cops. They identify themselves as such, and there's no hiding it. IMHO, a good LEMC is the only club anyone with a badge should consider joining, since to openly associate with a group that condones lawbreaking or "walks the line" is just going to create problems for anyone who is a law enforcement officer.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
All this interest in joining and MC is hilarious to me. How do people have time in their lives to devote to a club centered around a motorcycle.

They aren't one 1%ers but again they emulate the look of 1%ers.

What part of a brotherhood of like minded men equates to we need "scary" or shocking symbols on our vests to show who were are?

Seems to be a lot like how animals in nature have certain elements or displays to warn others. Well more than seems that is EXACTLY what it is.

There are tons of service orgs out there and groups of like minded people that don't need some outward symbol to "threaten or warn" others.

Traveling in packs to increase the odds in certain situations...

What compels you... Is it you need to make one more step towards making out your costume as a biker but don't REALLY want to commit to a MC club that may have stricter requirements or more hard core lifestyle? Is it you and others need to cling to a group of people to make you feel safer? Again lots of like minded groups that don't use such symbols and practice the same behaviors.

To me it seems like the more involved you get with an MC the less important the actual bike becomes as the whole "commitment" to the club becomes greater.

No matter how you justify it being someone's bitch to prove your loyalty to a club is painfully pathetic I don't give a **** what lies at the end of that road. I proved my loyalty once to something I committed to, the USMC. Even breaking the crap out of my body twice didn't stop me or the 6 surgeries it was the last one and the next 4 surgeries that forced me out. The proof of loyalty though is to show at least in part you will respond to orders and won't hopefully freak out when the bullets fly.

I am not sure how a yr of washing motorcycles and guarding clubhouses or fetching beer equates.

I'd actually understand it more and it would make more sense to me if prospecting was something like finding a rival club member and choking that SOB out with your hands and voila! you are a member. The whole tenure as a manservant doesn't really strike a cord with me.

The reality is I guess some of us don't get it, have no desire whatsoever to do it and we don't do it and we don't get it.
And there are types of men that want it desperately, they get it, whatever IT may be and they do it.

Clearly a case of whatever floats his/her own boat and to each his own.

The part I have to chuckle at is when someone tries so hard to convince me that it makes them special or that their bond is so strong. It REALLY means something. No not really not in the grand scheme of things.

It will never be as strong as someone I fought with in war, or someone that I work with now.

I see it all the time even, with people who are supposedly willing to martyr themselves for thier religion when they are confronted with some undeniable truths, that brotherhood means nothing to them and the only ones that stick to their guns do so not out of some sense of loyalty but because they are more than a bit effed up in the head. Those who are not crazy you'd be shocked at how easily most folks get rid of that "brotherhood" or "bond". Not nearly as difficult or time consuming as the movies make it seem.

From my perspective its all a myth...

PS I think I spend way too much time with our forensic shrink. lol. But I gotta admit she is smokin freakin hot AND brilliant.

Absolutely brilliant, spot-on accurate post!

Unfortunately, it's completely worthless without pictures of the shrink. Please correct this unforgiveable mistake.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:51 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Originally Posted by 55chevy
Used to be bikers talked about drinkin beer, chasin women, and kickin ***. Now they talk about takin prescriptions, aches and pains, and surgeries. Damm, sucks gettin old, fat and bald Join the Wild Hogs!! You just have to beat up a Del Fuego.
AARP members at an early bird dinner ???

Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 PM
09heritagerider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why can't people just ride their motorcycles and have fun???

Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 AM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

The IOMC stepped out on its own without following protocol in a bunch I places. They just showed up and started flying. They keep to themselves because they aren't looked upon favorably in a lot of areas.

Quick Reply: Iron Order M/C