Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Order M/C

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:56 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

if you join you will probably get your *** beat. Have you seen their website? read their FAQ, its the best. I have seen these guys at Hell's Kitchen. Its funny. Just ride solo.

http://ironordermc.com/FAQs.aspx

^ a link to the FAQ

Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

I am starting a club, West Coast Browns. Wanna join?

Old 11-30-2011, 01:06 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

All this interest in joining and MC is hilarious to me. How do people have time in their lives to devote to a club centered around a motorcycle.

They aren't one 1%ers but again they emulate the look of 1%ers.

What part of a brotherhood of like minded men equates to we need "scary" or shocking symbols on our vests to show who were are?

Seems to be a lot like how animals in nature have certain elements or displays to warn others. Well more than seems that is EXACTLY what it is.

There are tons of service orgs out there and groups of like minded people that don't need some outward symbol to "threaten or warn" others.

Traveling in packs to increase the odds in certain situations...

What compels you... Is it you need to make one more step towards making out your costume as a biker but don't REALLY want to commit to a MC club that may have stricter requirements or more hard core lifestyle? Is it you and others need to cling to a group of people to make you feel safer? Again lots of like minded groups that don't use such symbols and practice the same behaviors.

To me it seems like the more involved you get with an MC the less important the actual bike becomes as the whole "commitment" to the club becomes greater.

No matter how you justify it being someone's bitch to prove your loyalty to a club is painfully pathetic I don't give a **** what lies at the end of that road. I proved my loyalty once to something I committed to, the USMC. Even breaking the crap out of my body twice didn't stop me or the 6 surgeries it was the last one and the next 4 surgeries that forced me out. The proof of loyalty though is to show at least in part you will respond to orders and won't hopefully freak out when the bullets fly.

I am not sure how a yr of washing motorcycles and guarding clubhouses or fetching beer equates.

I'd actually understand it more and it would make more sense to me if prospecting was something like finding a rival club member and choking that SOB out with your hands and voila! you are a member. The whole tenure as a manservant doesn't really strike a cord with me.

The reality is I guess some of us don't get it, have no desire whatsoever to do it and we don't do it and we don't get it.
And there are types of men that want it desperately, they get it, whatever IT may be and they do it.

Clearly a case of whatever floats his/her own boat and to each his own.

The part I have to chuckle at is when someone tries so hard to convince me that it makes them special or that their bond is so strong. It REALLY means something. No not really not in the grand scheme of things.

It will never be as strong as someone I fought with in war, or someone that I work with now.

I see it all the time even, with people who are supposedly willing to martyr themselves for thier religion when they are confronted with some undeniable truths, that brotherhood means nothing to them and the only ones that stick to their guns do so not out of some sense of loyalty but because they are more than a bit effed up in the head. Those who are not crazy you'd be shocked at how easily most folks get rid of that "brotherhood" or "bond". Not nearly as difficult or time consuming as the movies make it seem.

From my perspective its all a myth...

PS I think I spend way too much time with our forensic shrink. lol. But I gotta admit she is smokin freakin hot AND brilliant.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hang out and see.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Badmonkey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:55 PM
SingSing
Banned

Dude, like the first guy said...IF you have to ask an internet forum fulla strangers on which way the wind blows with you joining a club or not then you shouldnt join. And if those clubbers find out you posted this question bout them and their crew you'll be the laughin stock of all posers. By mentionin their name (first rule BROKEN) you just **** on them. just my two cents.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:59 PM
SingSing
Banned

Originally Posted by roaringrigid
all this interest in joining and mc is hilarious to me. How do people have time in their lives to devote to a club centered around a motorcycle.

They aren't one 1%ers but again they emulate the look of 1%ers.

What part of a brotherhood of like minded men equates to we need "scary" or shocking symbols on our vests to show who were are?

Seems to be a lot like how animals in nature have certain elements or displays to warn others. Well more than seems that is exactly what it is.

There are tons of service orgs out there and groups of like minded people that don't need some outward symbol to "threaten or warn" others.

Traveling in packs to increase the odds in certain situations...

What compels you... Is it you need to make one more step towards making out your costume as a biker but don't really want to commit to a mc club that may have stricter requirements or more hard core lifestyle? Is it you and others need to cling to a group of people to make you feel safer? Again lots of like minded groups that don't use such symbols and practice the same behaviors.

To me it seems like the more involved you get with an mc the less important the actual bike becomes as the whole "commitment" to the club becomes greater.

No matter how you justify it being someone's bitch to prove your loyalty to a club is painfully pathetic i don't give a **** what lies at the end of that road. I proved my loyalty once to something i committed to, the usmc. Even breaking the crap out of my body twice didn't stop me or the 6 surgeries it was the last one and the next 4 surgeries that forced me out. The proof of loyalty though is to show at least in part you will respond to orders and won't hopefully freak out when the bullets fly.

I am not sure how a yr of washing motorcycles and guarding clubhouses or fetching beer equates.

I'd actually understand it more and it would make more sense to me if prospecting was something like finding a rival club member and choking that sob out with your hands and voila! You are a member. The whole tenure as a manservant doesn't really strike a cord with me.

The reality is i guess some of us don't get it, have no desire whatsoever to do it and we don't do it and we don't get it.
And there are types of men that want it desperately, they get it, whatever it may be and they do it.

Clearly a case of whatever floats his/her own boat and to each his own.

The part i have to chuckle at is when someone tries so hard to convince me that it makes them special or that their bond is so strong. It really means something. No not really not in the grand scheme of things.

It will never be as strong as someone i fought with in war, or someone that i work with now.

I see it all the time even, with people who are supposedly willing to martyr themselves for thier religion when they are confronted with some undeniable truths, that brotherhood means nothing to them and the only ones that stick to their guns do so not out of some sense of loyalty but because they are more than a bit effed up in the head. Those who are not crazy you'd be shocked at how easily most folks get rid of that "brotherhood" or "bond". Not nearly as difficult or time consuming as the movies make it seem.

From my perspective its all a myth...

Ps i think i spend way too much time with our forensic shrink. Lol. But i gotta admit she is smokin freakin hot and brilliant.

fist bump

Old 11-30-2011, 03:01 PM
axel black
Road Captain

clubs always ask of you. are you willing to put up with that?

Old 11-30-2011, 05:06 PM
HarkinsBG
Advanced

I'm new here, so I don't want to have my second or third post be one that gets everyone fired up. Also, I prefer to ride solo myself, so that obviously influences my decision.

All that aside, their national website is kinda corny, and their CA chapter website especially seems to take design cues from a certain TV show about a motorcycle club on a channel owned by FOX....

http://www.ironordermc-california.com/Home.html

Old 11-30-2011, 06:49 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Badmonkey
Haaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
This.

Quick Reply: Iron Order M/C