General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Order M/C

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 11:18 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

no you shoud not

Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 PM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

carry a lot of cash with you when you where your cut.
be sure and tell other club members you don't recognize their stupid club and you think they are wusses.
make sure you have really good life insurance.
most importantly have fun.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For any MC worth it, you don't get to decide if you join or not. The club will make that decision based on your performance and dedication through several phases.

Any club that you can join just by walking in blind, filling out a form and handing over a check...and you're in....well, the level of satisfaction, Brotherhood, loyalty....is directly proportional to the amount of effort you put forth to get in.

Nobody can answer your original question but you and the local chapter you're looking at. Go hang out with them and see what happens.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:33 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,230 Likes on 626 Posts

I suspect this post to get really interesting before it dies down.Let the fun continue!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM
spongetail
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My knowledge is specific to the chapter in my area, but I think they are a bunch of good guys. They aren't a 1% club, and aren't a LEO club. My friends that belong are laborers, doctors, etc.

You have to be a hang around, then a probate, and then get voted in so its not a walk-in and join MC. But, you do wear a three-piece patch with a bottom rocker stating your area which may **** off the dominant club in your area.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
For any MC worth it, you don't get to decide if you join or not. The club will make that decision based on your performance and dedication through several phases.

Any club that you can join just by walking in blind, filling out a form and handing over a check...and you're in....well, the level of satisfaction, Brotherhood, loyalty....is directly proportional to the amount of effort you put forth to get in.

Nobody can answer your original question but you and the local chapter you're looking at. Go hang out with them and see what happens.
That's a good answer to a thread that had become f'n hillarious.

I ride with the Legion Riders and yes, all you got to do is join the American Legion and you can wear your patch. The commitment level of many of the members is questionable. The booze at the bar is real cheap but members are asked to work and support the chapter but that don't happen much from most. Hell a lot of members don't even show up for events and rides.

I am one of the committed members, but feel sometimes that I would be better off in an MC where the members earn their way in. Too many people want a free ride and it does **** me off.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:09 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Everything you need to know can be found on Gangland.

Now lets sit back and enjoy the show.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:33 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,210 Likes on 6,728 Posts

Stopping to help a couple of them when one was broke down got me an invitation to drop by and look into riding with them (No,thanks - but I hear the finger sandwiches and cookies they serve at the meetings are the best).

So......maybe you could follow them around. Wait for someone to break down, get him up and running, and you're in.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:50 PM
monkeyboy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 406 Posts

I think it all boils down to what do you want from a club, what are they offering, what the club wants from you and what you are offering them. It shouldn't matter if it's a MC or a bowling league. What do you want out of it and what do they want out of you?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:55 PM
JohnFlorida
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dress your girlfriend up in a school girl uniform with no panties and take her to their clubhouse. I guarantee at least one of you will get in

Quick Reply: Iron Order M/C