General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Style?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011 | 12:13 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
That's cool some people like life in the slow lanes , I didn't deal well with the south .
To be honest a lot of out of staters don't. We had some boys come down from Ohio to bike week and we ended up taking them from Key west up to Savannah and they loved the scenery but hated the people and the humidity.

Old 11-27-2011 | 12:22 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by The Guardian
To be honest a lot of out of staters don't. We had some boys come down from Ohio to bike week and we ended up taking them from Key west up to Savannah and they loved the scenery but hated the people and the humidity.
I loath humidity and it raises hell with my lungs , too many years around cutting torches & welders . Key west on the other hand I'd still do if I was closer . I'm from Baltimore originally so the people thing isn't an issue till Jefro starts with the hippy or f*ggot cracks and then I have to take another tooth or 2 away from them .

Old 11-27-2011 | 12:25 PM
crackercap
Road Master

I do not prefer city driving but alas am forced to do so at times. Back twisting country roads at 45-55 mph my favorite. Having gone down once, I always think about what could be around that curve or what may be over the hill now, but also I'm 65 and a little more cautious than in my younge days.

Old 11-27-2011 | 06:22 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member

When I get on the interstate and grab 6th gear the low rider will run right up to 80 where she smooths right out and purrs like a kitten, she seems to like it there.

Old 11-27-2011 | 06:29 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior

I tend to stay with the flow of traffic but will find a buffer zone with clean air when possible.

Other than that I prefer smaller back roads where I can hit the curves and enjoy the scenery.

Old 11-27-2011 | 09:09 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master

Backroads, easy pace for me as well.

Old 11-27-2011 | 09:22 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member

You can have those interstates. I'll take a Missouri back road winding through corn fields any day.

Maybe you should slow down and pay attention to what's going on around you. On the other hand, if you can get hit on your bike 4 more times and you'll have an even half dozen.
That's hilarious.

Old 11-27-2011 | 09:29 PM
FlyinRyan93
Advanced

I do the same as the original poster. I prefer to move through traffic and be ahead of the cages.

Old 11-28-2011 | 04:08 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

I find that no matter how fast I ride, there's always a car riding my ***. Here I am just trying to enjoy the roads, doing maybe 5 over and there's always a loser pushing from behind.

..and I find the wind at highway speeds is very punishing, even with a windshield. Maybe it's just the choppy fall wind...

Old 11-28-2011 | 04:18 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Benway
I find that no matter how fast I ride, there's always a car riding my ***. Here I am just trying to enjoy the roads, doing maybe 5 over and there's always a loser pushing from behind.

..and I find the wind at highway speeds is very punishing, even with a windshield. Maybe it's just the choppy fall wind...

Just spit over your shoulder a lot , they back way off after that second big green lougy smears the windshield

Quick Reply: Riding Style?