General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW 2012 Harley FLD Dyna Switchback

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011 | 08:36 PM
artz
|
Road Master
Default NEW 2012 Harley FLD Dyna Switchback

I saw one of these today, and being a short sh*t.....If I had the funds. She would be mine.
Take off the bags and shield and you would never know they came with them. 2 in 1 tuned exhaust. 91 pds lighter than a road King....and look at those black aluminum hotrod mags !

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...Switchback.htm

Last edited by artz; 11-21-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-21-2011 | 09:14 PM
Druid
Tourer

Love the concept, but not the execution. I considered buying one, but was disappointed when I saw it in person. If I wanted a cruiser/tourer, I would rather go for a Softail Herritage.

Old 11-21-2011 | 09:37 PM
h2o
Road Captain

I say test ride one. The guys that bought them so far it seems like they love them.

Old 11-21-2011 | 09:44 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by artz
I saw one of these today, and being a short sh*t..... If I had the funds. She would be mine.
Take off the bags and shield and you would never know they came with them. 2 in 1 tuned exhaust. 91 pds lighter than a road King....and look at those black aluminum hotrod mags !

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...Switchback.htm
Sell enough cosmetics and Mary Kay will give you one for free......

Old 11-22-2011 | 12:12 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

I absolutely fell in love with the bike the first time I saw it. I think it was the red color that got me.

But, after thinking long and hard about it, it just wasn't worth it. They wanted the same price for it as I paid for my hold-over Road King. 103 engine was an incentive also. But the price, and the brushed aluminum items on it instead of chrome were a turn-off.

I like it, but I love my King.

Old 11-22-2011 | 12:17 AM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
I absolutely fell in love with the bike the first time I saw it. I think it was the red color that got me.

But, after thinking long and hard about it, it just wasn't worth it. They wanted the same price for it as I paid for my hold-over Road King. 103 engine was an incentive also. But the price, and the brushed aluminum items on it instead of chrome were a turn-off.

I like it, but I love my King.
Me too. Never give up the King.

Old 11-22-2011 | 02:37 AM
blair
Tourer

Seen one the other day at the HD shop . Wow reminded me of my old 72 FLH . Very slick bike !!!!

Old 11-22-2011 | 05:07 AM
h2o
Road Captain

I would say two different bikes. If you really like RKs, get a king but if you want a bike that you can strip down, definitely get the SB. Try Rockin a RK without the bags. LOL

Old 11-22-2011 | 05:22 AM
SimoneMonty
Advanced

Originally Posted by Druid
Love the concept, but not the execution. I considered buying one, but was disappointed when I saw it in person. If I wanted a cruiser/tourer, I would rather go for a Softail Herritage.
that's right!

Old 11-22-2011 | 07:55 AM
mrnone
Road Master

ditching my electraglide altogether since I got a switchback
stripping parts off the e glide now.

touring dyna smokes a touring bike in every aspect except hauling crap

I have both
I think I know.
when I got it I immediately missed the fairings,the heel toe shifter, tour pak, and the stereo.
getting a tour pak today, already got tunes and fairings. all I am missing now is a ton of bad handling weight

Quick Reply: NEW 2012 Harley FLD Dyna Switchback