General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW 2012 Harley FLD Dyna Switchback

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011 | 08:28 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

I like the bike a lot. I have to give my commuter bike to my son next summer, but that gives me a reason to get another bike. This may be the one.

Old 11-22-2011 | 08:58 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member

One thing, they are a lot more the size of original Harleys. The touring bikes of the last 15 years have gotten bigger and heavier. They are great for some, but this new scooter seems more in proportion to my old eyes.

To each his/her own. I'll stick with my Fat Boy. It's all good...

Last edited by bjewell; 11-22-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-22-2011 | 09:06 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Cool

+1 that
my 69 looked bigger and felt smaller
FLD revisits that only it doesn't leak
going to make mine look old

Originally Posted by bjewell
One thing, they are a lot more the size of original Harleys. The touring bkes of the last 15 yers have gotten bigger and heavier. They are great for some, but this new scooter seems more in proportion to my old eyes.

To each his/her own. I'll stick with my fat Boy. It's all good...

Old 11-22-2011 | 11:58 AM
Kenny Brewer
Stage I

Has anyone put ape hangers or any taller handlebars on their Switchback? What cables and wires would be the closest?

Old 11-22-2011 | 01:08 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by bjewell
One thing, they are a lot more the size of original Harleys. The touring bikes of the last 15 years have gotten bigger and heavier. They are great for some, but this new scooter seems more in proportion to my old eyes.
I wish I still had the picture that my wife took of me on one. To me, it felt really small. Not much bigger, feel wise, than a Nightster with forwards. The windshield was too short, and it just looked really small under me. And I'm only 5'11" and 210 lbs. The tops of my knees were above the top line of the tank even.

If I still had the picture, you would see how small it looked under me.

Old 11-23-2011 | 10:47 AM
Chickrider
Road Captain

I love mine! The husband has a RKC and is gonna trade it off for a SB nxt spring. He want a lighter bike since he doesn't do the long rides anymore. I'll add chrome and get the Bassani slip ons. I lowered the rear with progressives 1" and got a reduced seat. I'm 4'11" and it fits me perfect! Its a slick ride! Again, I LOVE!

Old 11-23-2011 | 12:26 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

I really like it. It reminds me of an early FL Shovelhead. A touring bike without all the extra bulk and top heaviness the dressers have acquired over the years. If I ever decide to give up the old Softail, it's on my short list for a replacement.

Old 11-26-2011 | 04:51 PM
cmjones
Intermediate
Default Love my SB

I got mine just in time to ride it for about a month before putting it in storage here in Germany. I'm just waiting to get it shipped to Hawaii in a couple of months and get to some good riding weather. The Bike is easy to handle and fun to ride.

Old 11-26-2011 | 06:12 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

you read a lot on the forums of 'no thanks, not for me', but yet the dealers don't seem to be able to keep them on the floor. as soon as they come in, they're sold.

wonder if they could make one with a road glide fairing

Old 11-27-2011 | 09:41 AM
SwitchHD
Road Captain
Default Switchback Test Ride

Originally Posted by h2o
I say test ride one. The guys that bought them so far it seems like they love them.
I test rode one yesterday for a few miles and it was impressive. I think HD has a winner here. The SB is nimble and agressive for a 700+ lb bike. The handlebars and seat put you in a more agressive position and the bike is super responsive. It was a thrill and I'm buying it this week-- Southern Cali

Quick Reply: NEW 2012 Harley FLD Dyna Switchback