General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there proper placement for patches...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is there proper placement for patches...

ORIGINAL: Jovimon

ORIGINAL: Bear64

not a good idea to wear a 1%er patch unless you are considered one, go to some of the big rallys, like little Sturgis, ?sturgis on the river, and a couple of others and you may lose your patch, most times they just tell you to cut it off, but if you run accross a prospect thast wants to make his bones it could be different..better to not hav one on your cutoff. anything else is pretty much ok as long as it isn't a 3 peice patch, meaning a top rocker and a bottom rocker..some clubs are pretty touchy about that kind of stuff.
Do ya think I coulda been joking? A newbie with a 1%er patch! get it? I guess AMA members might be a little touchy on that subject, if you've ever ridden with true 1%er's you wouldn't have to explain and if you see or meet one stay out of there business and you'll be ok. That's all I can say out that[sm=icon_quiet.gif]
Yes, of course I figered you were jokeing, as a patch holder,semi retired, I know much about it, and no I do not wear a 1% patch, as you said I need not show or tell anybody anything. and your remark about the AMA, well I needed to belong to them to race, just kept my membership up is all, I like the pins, LOL but there are newbies on here that really were not around 25-30 years ago and do not understand the old ways, just look at some of the stuff that they sew on their leather vest trying to look like a outlaw, I didn' intend to sart anything with you, just to enlighten those that really don't know..

Old 12-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Jovimon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no problem with the AMA, they've done more for motorcycling than anyone over the years, just meant that they are the other 99% LOL as you know that's how the whole 1% stuff got started Its all good!![sm=youreright.gif]

Old 07-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Serpentsminion
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Hiram

The only "restriction" is on the US flag. There should be nothing higher than the flag.
&nbsp\\;
So&nbsp\\; I was&nbsp\\; thinking of doing something to my left&nbsp\\;shoulder on my riding jacket-&nbsp\\; Was gonna put on a 3x2 American Flag patch with a 1" x 4"&nbsp\\; mini-rocker&nbsp\\; matching the curve of the shoulder seam right above it with 'Minneapolis MN'&nbsp\\; in red on black.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Heres a crappy&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; paint-shop mock up&nbsp\\; of&nbsp\\; what it would look like.
&nbsp\\;

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
This&nbsp\\; would be&nbsp\\; inappropriate or disrespectful?&nbsp\\; It's a name &amp\\; state&nbsp\\; that are members of the Union the flag represents-&nbsp\\;
If i tried to&nbsp\\;maybe arc&nbsp\\; the rocker the opposite way and put it under the flag&nbsp\\; I just dont think&nbsp\\; it would look right either.
&nbsp\\;
Or I guess&nbsp\\; I could&nbsp\\; just&nbsp\\; put a MN shaped&nbsp\\; state&nbsp\\; patch of some kind under&nbsp\\; the rocker&nbsp\\; and move the flag altogether&nbsp\\; to the&nbsp\\; front left....&nbsp\\; I dunno.&nbsp\\; I didnt want&nbsp\\; it on the front.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:51 PM
dubblist
Tourer

ORIGINAL: anubisss

I found a website that said certain other patches meant certain things. user... check out this page
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I don't think you'll need to worry about any of that stuff. Some clubs like their support patches in certain places like not anywhere on the back or chest.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Mr_taterhead
Cruiser

I just put whatever patch I want where ever I want.&nbsp\\; I have a vintage indian patch on my vest, put my HOG patch in the drawer
&nbsp\\;
and after this thread, I will not bother with a US flag patch because no one can agree where it goes...wouldn't want anyone to think I wasn't patriotic, god forbid.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
so far in this thread: over the heart, as close to the heart as you can, the highest patch, whatever.&nbsp\\; Being an American means wearing that patch where ever you want or not wearing and not feeling bad about that either!

Old 07-09-2008, 02:05 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Andrew,
Don't put the Harley logo upside down on&nbsp\\; left front of your vest. That's the code for Gay&nbsp\\;You'll see that on all the Laguna Beach Bikers.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,
&nbsp\\;
You could put a Texas Flag patch even with the U.S. flag but not higher or fly the Texas Flag &nbsp\\;even with the U.S. Flag....the only state that's allowed to do that....yah.....it's "special".

Old 07-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Serpentsminion
Cruiser

Yeah screw&nbsp\\; it I'm stickin with my&nbsp\\; original plan.&nbsp\\; I guess if&nbsp\\; if I offend&nbsp\\; another American&nbsp\\; with my Minneapolis rocker I'll deal with the situation when it comes up.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I'm half tempted to get&nbsp\\; a&nbsp\\;(*guess-which-country*) flag with a red circle/slash thru it and put it somewhere on the&nbsp\\; bottom too&nbsp\\; along with a patch&nbsp\\; that says 'Speak English or get the f*** out of my country'&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; then&nbsp\\; if&nbsp\\; they have any more&nbsp\\; doubts about my respect for my own flag they can just **** off.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Yep,&nbsp\\; sounds like a plan.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:04 PM
ratatude
Cruiser

At home in your sock drawer

Old 07-09-2008, 06:14 PM
njdiver
Road Captain

The "Jane Fonda, American Traitor Bitch" patch goes on the lower center of the back of your vest, right next to your ***, so she can kiss it each time you sit down.&nbsp\\; F**kin' traitor.&nbsp\\; Ask John Mcain what he thinks!!!!

Quick Reply: Is there proper placement for patches...