General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to Fox Creek Leather

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:56 PM
MikeK02048
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kudos to Fox Creek Leather

I wanted to buy a set of leather chaps for my wife. We went to the Harley store, but my wife is pretty short and nothing fit her. I had heard about Fox Creek leather from folks on this and other forums and decided to give them a try. We ordered a medium pair, but they were too big in the waist and length. Then we ordered a small pair and they were too long and too narrow in the leg. So we had to special order a pair based on measurements we took at home. They came today and they are perfect. The fit is awesome and they are excellent quality and workmanship. And the special order cost no more than buying a standard size. The best part is that they are made in USA and are not any more expensive than the Chinese ones in the Harley store.

Ashley and Rachel in customer service were very patient with me and extremely helpful. I cannot recommend them more highly. I'm probably going to buy a pair for myself in the spring and I will buy from Foxcreek again.

Just thought I'd share in case folks are looking to buy some leather for the holidays!

Old 11-19-2011, 05:29 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Yep, great group of folks! I took a trip there back in 2009 and met them all, including Paul, the owner. Ashley and Rachel are sisters and quite an attractive pair they are...

The town of Independence is also a wonderful place. Really small, but scenic and the folks there treat you like family. Wish I could've stayed longer than the two days I spent there.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Corsair
Advanced

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
Yep, great group of folks! I took a trip there back in 2009 and met them all, including Paul, the owner. Ashley and Rachel are sisters and quite an attractive pair they are...

Another satisfied customer here. Wish I needed something to buy from them again. Riding coat is awesome in every way.....

Old 11-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Corsair
Advanced

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown

Riding coat is awesome year round....
Super business, wish I need more stuff, I would buy from them again.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:48 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Alright, here ya go. Ashley (left) and Rachel (right) circled in red. I didn't get to meet the cute blonde next to Rachel, but would have liked to, for sure...

Old 11-19-2011, 07:09 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man please do not buy chaps, i saw a guy in the h.d shop today and alot of us had to laugh, don`t want to start a gay thing here but cheeze

Old 11-19-2011, 08:10 PM
AEaton10
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only wear my chaps when it is below 40 and they come off before I walk away from the bike. Fair weather riders are gay.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:38 PM
MikeK02048
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
man please do not buy chaps, i saw a guy in the h.d shop today and alot of us had to laugh, don`t want to start a gay thing here but cheeze
Well, if it means that much to you ....

Actually, I wasn't planning on buying chaps for me because I wear lined jeans with knee armor. But I've heard from a bunch of guys that they can really extend the riding season with them as they keep your legs really warm.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:06 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Chaps make all the difference when riding in cold weather. I've ridden in below freezing weather several times here. Chaps and jacket over my normal work clothes and I'm fine. Seems those against them are afraid of what others think, or are themselves gay and trying to shed the image.

To the OP, I hope you didn't pay extra for the custom chaps. All you have to do is take a good pair of scissors and cut off the bottom of them to the right length. They're all like that, and probably what Fox Creek did.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Konfuzion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
I would rather wear chaps and look "gay" and be riding warm and dry rather than not be riding because its cold, thanks!

And in case someone feels the need to mention it yeah I am in SoCal but the part of SoCal I am in drops into the 30's - 40's at night in the winter and I ride a lot at night.

Quick Reply: Kudos to Fox Creek Leather