General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does Harley Davidson mean to you

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Modern day chariot riders. And Harley is in the lead.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:10 AM
121RJB
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't there an old saying - "The outside of a Harley Davidson motorcycle is good for the inside of a man"
Ride Free

Old 11-19-2011, 08:13 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

When I think of motorcycles generally, I think of wind and the open road. And when I think of myself on a motorcycle, I only think of Harley-Davidson.

Last edited by TKDKurt; 11-19-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:17 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

An impossible question to answer for me.Harley Davidson motorcycles are my heratige,because of grandfathers, uncles,friends of the family,just to name few who rode and raced the V-Twins.Saw my first Harley at around 5 yrs old it forever etched in my mind what a real motorcycle should look and sound like.Grew up on a Farm surrounded by 2 cylinder John Deere tractors sounding almost identical to the Harleys of that time making me learn to love that sound.Married a girl that loved only Harleys.The last 40 yrs have hand built all my bikes all with stroker motors,and always polished all the aluminum on all bikes,because of the crave to gaze upon artistry.These motorcycles to me can never be duplicated only imitaded.The name alone inspires me.Harley Davidson motorcycles,nuff said!!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 AM
harderd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2007 Deluxe $15000.00, 2 year old grandson points at my bike and goes varooom varooom and cries when we walk away, PRICELESS How can you argue with that? The kid has good taste. Some day it will be his and he will own a piece of AMERICAN history.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:47 AM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Life is good............enuff said!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:51 AM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The Harley Davidson motorcycle is something I love. It's old-time, solid, American. I wish it was 100% American made, but it's not... The HD Corporation is another thing. It's just like any other corporation, blinders on, focused solely on monetary profit. (There need to be other priorities, in my opinion, not all of which lead directly to an increased 'bottom line'). So, I divorce the bikes...from the Company. They are two different things in my mind. Or, so I've made them.

Alan

Old 11-19-2011, 09:19 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

I like American stuff. I like their muscle cars, I like their baseball and football. I like their apple pie. I think the flag is the nicest one of all nations. I like the bikers(good people). I like the American attitude most times. I like the American sense of humour. I like how they help out in the world. I like the Star Spangled banner and the story that goes with it. I like being your neighbour.
I like how almost all bars have a sign that say's, "Welcome bikers".
I like your Harley Davidson's best. They are not a performance bike. They are a heavy bike that feels planted on any decent road. I can ride mine all day and night if I wanted too.
If Canada made a decent cruiser bike that was full of Canadiana heritage I,d buy one but they don,t.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:26 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

When I think Harley-Davidson, I think "Brand of motorcycle" ... good marketing, spent decades building an image that was created and is highly promoted by their customers.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:39 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,954 Likes on 833 Posts

My wife and I were taking a drive in the family wagon, and noticed long lines of Harleys headed the other direction down the interstate. The majority of the bikes were black; miles of beautiful steel, chrome and leather.
My wife noticed a tear running down my cheek and asked me what was wrong; I said "Not a thing. I'm proud to be part of that; as I watched them ride away in my mirrors."

Quick Reply: What does Harley Davidson mean to you