General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does Harley Davidson mean to you

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 11:21 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Ha, I was just kidding with my above post.
Originally Posted by Badasstrike
Ha, welcome to the "new world order" Being in debt means your doing your part to survive, and helping all the CEO's in our nation party like rock stars. It's always tough to add another zero to a bonus check while we clip coupons to save a $1.00 on Hamburger Helper.

To own a Harley is like owning stock in American history. The nostalgia , and the story on how Harley survived going under during the AMF era is what makes this country what it is. No need to get into the mumbo-jumbo about the past, but it does reflect on the "American" worker and how we handle adversity.

Look at the present and how the other manufactures have jumped on the Harley band wagon. They all try to say how there product is like having a Harley without buying a Harley. As a motorcycle enthusiast, I do appreciate all makes and models and what they offer for the latest ingenuity, but bottom line is, they're following what Harley started, you can see it in there designs. Harley's always represented what a motorcycle should be, even if the design didn't work, it was always on the threshold on making something appealing to us, the motorcycle enthusiasts.

Last edited by masterblaster; 12-07-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Jyoumb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A Seabee
What kind of dope falls for a marketing campaign? I bought my HD 'cause Harley is the only one like it left in America. When I get on it, or just look at it, it gives me a feeling that I don't get from other bikes. Nothing sounds like a Harley V-twin. I don't care if it is as fast as a sport bike, or as silky smooth as a BMW. I love this bike, if you don't love yours, sell it. BTW, I don't need to have a "don't fu(k with me attitude", my bike has it for me
what kind of dope? the dope who dresses like a pirate for a ride, who gets a tat to feel right, who gets a cheap haircut to look like a gdansk factory worker while riding, who can't smile while riding, who can't wear any color but black so he doesn't feel inadequate in front of the other wannabees, who has to be dismissive and display that oh so cool attitude at interactions with other riders who have the naivete to ride supposedly lesser machines, who buys harley to feel empowered, who need the justification to be a slob in front of his more successful siblings at family gatherings...it never ends. from the bazaars of the east to madison avenue, your number may have been taken.

see the movie "the sting" and know that the dope gotten must always believe the presented sting. he can never know he's been stung.

i'm on my third harley, but i know the marketing and genius behind the marketing. i also own other bikes. think. think. think.