General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dealership has gone sour!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 02:45 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LMFAO blame the OP for taking advantage of the good deals and his loyalty of 4 years. Makes sense to me. Sounds like they may have taken on a different business strategy because of poor performance or new management all together.

I know my local dealership absolutely sucks for customer loyalty and service! Case in point, just today went in to buy the wife all new gear, couldn't get one person to help us and it wasn't because the staff of at least 8 were to busy. But maybe that's because I was disloyal because I returned a shirt that didn't fit. WTF!

Take your business else where and the hell with the disloyal stealership that sucked your money from your wallet for 4 years!

Old 11-18-2011, 02:50 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,553 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Welcome to 2011. It's called greed.

Businesses today are very stupid. In a rapidly crapping economy, businesses should not be raising prices, they should be LOWERING prices to get people to start spending again. I have stopped buying a lot of products because of the rise in prices,dropping insurance coverages,etc. And I always tell store managers why I am no longer buying their products. People are cutting their own throats today, and I have no sympathy when their businesses fail.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:51 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 11-18-2011, 03:04 PM
a10182
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the end you just have to understand they are a dealership, they are not gonna do much more than they have to if it isnt going to make them much money

Old 11-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
LMFAO blame the OP for taking advantage of the good deals and his loyalty of 4 years. Makes sense to me. Sounds like they may have taken on a different business strategy because of poor performance or new management all together.

I know my local dealership absolutely sucks for customer loyalty and service! Case in point, just today went in to buy the wife all new gear, couldn't get one person to help us and it wasn't because the staff of at least 8 were to busy. But maybe that's because I was disloyal because I returned a shirt that didn't fit. WTF!

Take your business else where and the hell with the disloyal stealership that sucked your money from your wallet for 4 years!
I agree. The dealership closest to me is the same way. I ride past it and go another 25 miles to get to the next dealership where some form of customer service still exists. The only way I am going into that dealership that is 5 miles from my house is if my bike is broken down in front of it and I need a part or if the owner of the 2 other shops in my area buys that one as well.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:58 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I have no loyalty whatsoever when it comes to buying. My wallet comes first.
It's the dealer's responsibility to win my business each and every time, regardless how long I've been doing business with him.

When a merchant tells me "we'll match someone else's price" my answer is always "why would I give you my business if you can only match what your competitor does?". Either you do better or I'll buy from him. I see no reason to give my money to someone who was more expensive in the first place.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Price isn't everything. If I have two dealers and one is cheaper but full of people that don't know what the hell they are talking about and are generally rude and the other, who is more expensive but willing to price match the first dealer, has a more knowledgable and courtious staff, I'll gladly support the second dealer. Who cares if they can only match the first dealer...I'd rather keep the dealer who is helpful around than the one that is just "cheapest".

As for the OP, sounds like a change in management for sure. It sucks but more business are going to this model because it's measureable. Knowing how many times a customer comes back in or how many people are referred by that customer is harder, if not impossible, to accurately measure. Both dealerships I deal with track what I buy but neither knows how many people I reffer to the one I prefer.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Zig Zag 2010
WTF? Are the last three posts from bazzaro world? Loyalty? Ha! By that line of thinking maybe the OP should ask them out for dinner and drinks and maybe offer them a BJ.
Dealer loyalty goes as far as the end of your wallet.
Take your business elsewhere if your not satisfied.
Dinner and drinks probably won't get very far, but the BJ might get him a great price!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

not to hijack, but I'm with you.

I just bought a 2012 RK classic, I asked for $5K in parts at 20% off. they said they couldn't, I said ok, I know 3 places I can order them . "Wait we want to sell you parts" They came back with 20% off what they installed and 15% of others. for the first time in my life I let a dealer work on my bike.(I got $2600 installed, and cut down the other list) When they got to my black 4 point docking hardware they mentioned they were covering a chrome fender rail that I could get in black, I said ok if it's a free install because you have it apart and 20% off. "Oh no, 20% was on your original deal", I said no I don't want it. they wanted all or none. besides that after seeing their price and me finding the part, they would have have put on the wrong one. I've already ordered $500 more elsewhere(27% savings)

I tried to buy GM extras for my new truck from my dealer, I spent $1800, 2500 miles away, shipped freight and saved $600. from another dealer. seems to me they could have made good money to punch a computer and unload a truck ...and the friends I would refer.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:52 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
But does it make sense for them to not make any money rather than make a little less by meeting the other dealership's prices?
I keep seeing you going to the "other, another, second dealer etc"
The idea is to spend the money in your market area and your chosen dealer. Expect great service if you repeat your business at the same place. Its not good business to buy parts etc at another dealer and expect your primary dealer to install them. Give them the chance to help you out and keep your money and business with the primary dealer. Its not always about price. Good service is usually worth more than price.
"Cheap is not good and good is not cheap"
Wise words.

Quick Reply: My dealership has gone sour!