General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

He has a weapon !

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:57 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool He has a weapon !

On a 4 lane I'm in the outside lane with traffic pretty near my rear and getting blocked in with traffic on the inside lane when a feller coming my way in his inside lane and decides to make a U turn in heavy traffic in front of me. He swings onto the curb and continues with no signal and I didn't want to stop for him and as he started to merge onto me I blew my horn and accelerated hard and moved out but got his attention. After a short distance I could see him weaving thru traffic until he was up behind me and trying to tell me something with assorted hand motions and when stopped for a traffic light he showed me his pistol thru the windshield. Light changed and I did my best demonstration of lane splitting until I was out of sight. Couldn't think of any way I could safely get any identification of vehicle. Ashamed to say but I ran and hid. Guess I'm glad I'm not permitted to carry or this would have a different ending. They are out there!
PS: No cell phone to call and report + hard to take a picture when in front and lane splitting for the fist time & no plate on front bumper nohow.

Last edited by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE; 11-23-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Cazimere
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smart move.
Good on ya.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:01 AM
spongetail
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its difficult to aim on a moving motorcycle anyway.

IMO that was your best move. If being behind a 2000lb machine that could squash us at any time isn't bad enough the dud has to pull a gun? What a tool.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You did the best thing not to escalate a bad situation further. Sometimes it is best to run away so you can live and fight another day.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-21-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Too bad you didn't get his plate number...."brandishing" a weapon like that is illegal.

~Joe

Old 11-17-2011, 09:17 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

You should have let him fire on ya then caught the bullet with your teeth. naw theres not much you could do but what you did. If he really wanted you dead you would have been dead.The guy sounds like a show off that has it coming but dont know it yet. The guy was a moron but he was a moron with a gun.You lived to ride another day that is what matters.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Fight or flight!

Fight:
In this corner weighing in on a 700lb sled equiped with bare knuckles... and in this corner weighing in on a 2 ton cage equiped with a firearm...

OR

Flight:
Go on about your business

Gotta call it, "You pussied out!"

Old 11-17-2011, 09:19 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 86 Likes on 50 Posts

Unbelievable. A dumba$$ x2! Not only is he one of these friggin' idiots that doesn't know how to drive, and when he does something stupid he has no clue what he did. Too many morons out there like that. Plus waiving a gun around. You did the right thing for sure. There are some real winners out there. Last week, here in Reno someone cut someone off. Guy that got cut off got in front of the car and forced him to stop. Got out of his car to confront the guy. Guy shoots and kills him. Over being cut off. I'll never get some people.
Good on you though, you never know who you're dealing with.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 11-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Denver Dave
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Any fool who shows a concealed pistol to a motorcyclist who simply honked at him is unstable at best, and more than likely a dangerous powderkeg. With that said, and based on your statement that this very minor situation would've ended differently if you carried, I too am glad you are not permitted to carry, nor do I think you should.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (06-26-2024)

Quick Reply: He has a weapon !