General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

He has a weapon !

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 08:39 PM
LDB187
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

bet he was an illegal.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:25 PM
afoulsmell
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bet he wasn't.

I took a class a long time ago to get my CHL. Our instructor in Austin was a really cool old guy with what seemed to me a lot of real-world experience and knowledge. He told us a lot of stories, and went through many scenarios. The thing he impressed upon us the most was the fact that just because you CAN shoot someone doesn't necessarily mean you SHOULD shoot someone. You have to weigh it- the risk/reward. Like others have said, you might dodge a criminal charge, but you're still available for a civil case.

I personally don't like the thought of backing down from an asshat like that. Who knows what you do in the moment, but it sure would have been cooler to read that the OP had recorded the dude's plates and had him arrested for his crime. As has been said, that is a stupid thing to do- brandishing a gun. What's the point, other than to show people that you are some "tough guy" who somehow miracled a gun into his possession. It just tips your hand. It lets me know that you are not too smart, and that you think the gun you are showing is going to elevate you in other's estimation. Actually, prisons are full of fools like that. If you get a chance, read up on what the folks in our prisons do... oftentimes, it's **** just like that :-) Dum-ba!!

I think it might be wise to travel with a handgun, but also a cheap digital camera. If the OP would have been able to get a pic of this dude's vehicle, it would go a long way to identifying him. It would be so much cooler to have this dude locked up for flashing a gun, instead of doing time for shooting someone on the freeway.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

I'm with Twizted. Dudes act tuff, but when the **** hits the fan, **** hits the floor.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (06-28-2024)
Old 11-19-2011, 01:38 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
I'm with Twizted. Dudes act tuff, but when the **** hits the fan, **** hits the floor.
It's one thing to have a piece , it's another entirely to be up close looking at the working end on one that's shaking a bit because of a very hyped up or nervous wild eyed & sweating individual with a finger on the trigger . That's what defines the rest of your life is that exact moment , cops know it all to well and so does anybody coming home from a combat zone and the assorted odd man from the streets that grew out of it and lived .

It's easy to armchair / keyboard quarterdeck but till your ******* threatens to let go no one can say what they will or won't do . Any time you can live past that point however you did it is a good day and you did exactly the right thing , if you didn't we would read the news article someone else post's they read and that my friends is the bottom line .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 11-19-2011 at 02:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (06-28-2024)
Old 11-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Kraker
Intermediate

or maybe you were licensed to carry, saw this **** bag making a deadly threat against your life, you were trapped in traffic and unable to escape, pulled your piece, emptied it into the **** bag killing him thereby leaving the prosecution with the burden to prove beyond a reasonable doubt you were wrong in your use of deadly force. ah well, so much for fantasies. you did good by unassin the a o. he'll *** up real good one day.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:40 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Not one post, thinking it could of been a LEO trying too make a call. or at the very least saw a dunkin donuts going the other way, Got pissed at said biker and decided the gun waving was better than the badge. ......just saying. I'm a c.c. biker, And I will not brandish my weapon unless I witness a felony with deadly force, rape, robbery with deadly force, assault upon me or my charge with deadly force, and impeding my ability with deadly force to travel to work. ....Don't laugh, it's on the books.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:01 PM
HKSkully
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Uh... that's all well and good however, NONE of it applies to the situation that OP described and several others said would have ended differently, had they been carrying. I don't care where you live, it is ILLEGAL to chase down and fire on a motorist who points a gun at you. Come on Man, use common sense here!
Good write up there. You an out of work author? Where did you read it where I would chase someone down to shoot them. Get real. There are bad people out there. Not everyone lives in such a perfect world as you.

Lets just agree that we dis-agree and leave it at that.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:14 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HKSkully
Good write up there. You an out of work author?
Ahhh, you got. I'm outta work since no one reads Penthouse forum anymore. Damn free internet ****!

Where did you read it where I would chase someone down to shoot them.
No, I'm pretty sure I was referring to someone else who said that they'd have shot him.

Lets just agree that we dis-agree and leave it at that.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Saphira
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No reason to be ashamed because you ran and hid. People are crazy! You needed to protect yourself and you did. There is not shame in that.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Saphira
No reason to be ashamed because you ran and hid. People are crazy! You needed to protect yourself and you did. There is not shame in that.
LOL - Since you put it like that... He should have taken a bullet.
I think he just went about his business, I don't think he hit an alley and ducked behind a dunpster.

Quick Reply: He has a weapon !