General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

He has a weapon !

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 08:09 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
I blew my horn and accelerated hard and moved out but got his attention.
He was probably a fashion cop and was going to arrest you for wearing them ugly *** white pants....just sayin....

Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HKSkully
I am licensed to carry. I always carry on the bike and at work (I own the business). I know when to use and when not to use.

On the other hand, had the gentleman in the car pointed his precious pistol/revolver or any other firearm at me while I was riding or not, and did not shoot me, I would (in the best of my ability) shoot this person to kill them as fast as I possibly could.

Period.
Seriously!? Do you see the contradiction here? You claim to know when & when not to use it. Then in the next breath, you prove that either you are a total liar OR that you don't know **** about gun laws. It's people like you who have NO business owning and/or carrying firearms.

Un-freakin-believable...

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (06-27-2024)
Old 11-18-2011, 08:46 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I think I would have waved and said sorry to let his *** go by. Then got his plate number. Loose canons like that need to be taken downtown.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:11 AM
reclaimer53
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If some dumb *** in a car is doing stupid traffic moves and did not hit me I let them go about their business and chalk it up to another bad driver. I know we have all seen some dumb moves out there on the roads. I'm not the traffic police and I'm not the one giving out driving lessons.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (06-27-2024)
Old 11-18-2011, 09:22 AM
HKSkully
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I see no contradiction what-so-ever

If someone points a gun at me, It it is my right (and I will act within these rights) to use whatever force necessary to overcome any and all forces subjected towards me. That also includes shooting to kill them if the situation presents itself.

If someone see's a problem with others defending themselves against a violent act such as someone shooting them (pointing a firearm at them) then pehaps you need one of those lawn signs stating; "This home is a Gun Free Zone and that no guns are allowed on these premises - please do not hurt me".

Old 11-18-2011, 09:41 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 86 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by reclaimer53
If some dumb *** in a car is doing stupid traffic moves and did not hit me I let them go about their business and chalk it up to another bad driver. I know we have all seen some dumb moves out there on the roads. I'm not the traffic police and I'm not the one giving out driving lessons.
I completely agree, but sometimes I wish I were out there giving tickets sometimes. I'd give out SO MANY of them with the things I (we) see on a daily basis. It would be a good, satisfying day!

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 11-18-2011, 09:51 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HKSkully
If someone points a gun at me, It it is my right (and I will act within these rights) to use whatever force necessary to overcome any and all forces subjected towards me. That also includes shooting to kill them if the situation presents itself.
You just proved my point! NO, it's NOT your right to use whatever force is needed, etc. You obviously don't know **** about the law. In public, which is what a highway is, if you are in a life threatening situation, you have a responsibility to do everything in your power to ESCAPE the situation FIRST. It's only when you have NO POSSIBLE way to "escape", that you have a right to defend yourself with a firearm. Had you have chased down the moron who flashed his gun at you/OP and killed him, YOU would have been completely in the wrong.

THIS is one thing that scares the f*ck outta me. Any ill informed, uneducated idiot can get a permit to carry a concealed weapon and think that it's OK to gun down someone who looks at him the wrong way. I reiterate: un-freakin-believable!

HKSkully, do us ALL a favor and take a firearms safety course and learn when it is legally OK to use deadly force against an attacker. It could save someone's life and keep you out of lock-up for the rest of yours.

Last edited by AnotherBlackSG; 11-18-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

This whole thread is useless dick pounding , until each and every responder has been face to face with the same circumstances no one can say what they will do or can do . Seen my share of brave talkers **** down their pants leg when it got real all of a sudden and the quite never noticed little guy got real busy being a hero so save all the I would have done this typing you might chip a nail or something .

Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
You just proved my point! NO, it's NOT your right to use whatever force is needed, etc. You obviously don't know **** about the law. In public, which is what a highway is, if you are in a life threatening situation, you have a responsibility to do everything in your power to ESCAPE the situation FIRST. It's only when you have NO POSSIBLE way to "escape", that you have a right to defend yourself with a firearm.
Actually 27 states have laws (and PA recently enacted it which took effect in August) that when you are in public (where you are legally authorized to be) you do not have to flee and can stand your ground using the least amount of force necessary to protect yourself. Why should law abiding citizens be legally forced to run away from criminals? Now, I'm not advocating blowing people away and believe the OP did the right thing. Just wanted to point that out.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:08 AM
hardtime1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember,even a good shoot can land you in civil court

Quick Reply: He has a weapon !