General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

He has a weapon !

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 07:37 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

some of you guys need to lighten up a little.---That "last sentence" that everyone keeps reffering to i took as a joke.....just something you say when youre irritated. I cant speak for the OP but i dont think he really seriously meant that he would have tried to shoot it out with the guy at that moment.
Personally i would have done the same thing, even if i was carrying. Now if someone shows a gun and follows you then things start to change. In this case i wouldnt have bothered to call the police.....sht happens and sht was over with.No need to bother with the police.----no i dont want to have an endless arguement over this...its just what I would do...its not what everyone would do i understand.

edit--people shouldnt blame everyone and act holier than thou just because someone is carrying illegally. Carry illegally is no big deal. The driver is an american citizen(i assume) and has a right to "keep and bear arms" just like the rest of us.----------dont get me wrong he is still a moron and probably will scare someone one day and get his sht blown away.

Last edited by straydog13; 11-17-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:39 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
On a 4 lane I'm in the outside lane with traffic pretty near my rear and getting blocked in with traffic on the inside lane when a feller coming my way in his inside lane and decides to make a U turn in heavy traffic in front of me. He swings onto the curb and continues with no signal and I didn't want to stop for him and as he started to merge onto me I blew my horn and accelerated hard and moved out but got his attention. After a short distance I could see him weaving thru traffic until he was up behind me and trying to tell me something with assorted hand motions and when stopped for a traffic light he showed me his pistol thru the windshield. Light changed and I did my best demonstration of lane splitting until I was out of sight. Couldn't think of any way I could safely get any identification of vehicle. Ashamed to say but I ran and hid. Guess I'm glad I'm not permitted to carry or this would have a different ending. They are out there!
According to Title 13 of the Criminal Justice Code, that little stunt is enough to get him arrested for assault here in Arizona. Brandishing a firearm with intent to intimidate in that manner constitutes assault. Should that ever happen again, yes get the hell outta there, but have the MF arrested, he's giving law abiding citizens that carry Lawfully a bad reputation. You could have fired back at him thru the glass in self defense and probably gotten off. But then again, were talking here in Arizona?

Old 11-17-2011, 07:45 PM
ManicKernel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone waves a gun at me just take my phone and take a picture. then call cops. if he really wants to get into it, then i have a 1911 or sig i carry. Sig is kinda little, just a .380, but kicks ***. 1911 would pretty much do it though.

EDIT: Oh, be aware. Firing through a windshield will actually deflect bullet upwards about 3/4". So aim accordingly.

Last edited by ManicKernel; 11-17-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Brooklyn Devil Dog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Motorcycles have horns???

Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Devil Dog
Motorcycles have horns???

Women have horns....like on their heads.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
...I blew my horn ...and when stopped for a traffic light he showed me his pistol thru the windshield.
Maybe you shouldn't have blown your horn at him...Judging from experience of an earlier reaction by you, I'd be willing to bet that your horn blowing was more than just a short beep to get his attention but rather a long blow...You know, the 2 second or longer blasts that are quite obnoxious... You know what I mean....the self rightious "get outa my way" type of horn blowing.

And....a military vet who can't get a CCW??? Whats up with that?

Old 11-18-2011, 05:32 AM
jim gallo
Cruiser

i carry and would never dream of trying to shoot while ridding. you did the only thing you could. the guy was a jerk. if he had a license to carry i would be very suprized. nobody in their right mind wants to kill someone over a traffic incident.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Unlike the moron cager, you chose the intelligent option! Live to fight another day, but like you did...pick your fight! RIDE SAFE!

Old 11-18-2011, 05:47 AM
hyperfocal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
You did the best thing not to escalate a bad situation further. Sometimes it is best to run away so you can live and fight another day.
I had a big man pull a gun on me and pulled the trigger 3 times. Lucky me, I was able to escape harm.

Once I new the weapon was no longer on him. Lets just say, he made a visit to the ER.

Hyper

Last edited by hyperfocal; 11-18-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:39 AM
HKSkully
Intermediate
Default Liberals......Sheesh.

I am licensed to carry. I always carry on the bike and at work (I own the business). I know when to use and when not to use.

Brandishing the firearm is one thing. That to me doesn't warrant a response other than extremely high alert. They are informing me that they have a firearm.

That's good. At least that gives me the knowledge that the scum bag is armed and forwarns me of the possible and potential intentions other than running me down.

If the rider had seen enough of their pistol/revolver that they could describe it to the police and had he been given the chance for a tag # (along with IF a cop was around) they would have been arrested, no doubt. If is a mighty big word there.

On the other hand, had the gentleman in the car pointed his precious pistol/revolver or any other firearm at me while I was riding or not, and did not shoot me, I would (in the best of my ability) shoot this person to kill them as fast as I possibly could.

Period.

Quick Reply: He has a weapon !