General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

He has a weapon !

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by Subduedracer
Good call dude. Not worth the headache. Even if he had no gun and wanted to fight, you still lose. Problems like that work themselves out. He'll do it again someday. This wasn't the first time he waived his gun. Some day, it will be a off duty police officer he shows it to and he'll wish he had not been such a douche bag.
He might have been an off duty police officer. I was at a dance once and our friend (off duty LEO, 2 sheets to the wind, takes his gun out and started waving it around). Luckily his girlfriend grabbed him and put him in his place!

Old 11-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Shygnome
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll bet a dozen donuts the guy isn't licensed to carry. If he is, his instructor did a lousy job of stressing to him proper use. I have my concealed carry in Texas. I don't carry on my person, but you will rarely find me without firearm in a saddle bag or glove compartment. The one concrete thought I still have from class is that to pull your weapon is a VERY BIG DEAL. It usually means someone is reaching for theirs or has already pulled it. reaction in any situation should be RAD. Recognize-Avoid-Defend. You sir, never had to get to D beacuse you were smart enough to see R and A. One of the problems of being on a bike is getting to D is difficult at best, impossible at worst. I try to think through these scenarios for practice, and it just isn;t easy on a bike. I must admit, I have been shooting at the range left handed, but it ain't pretty. Run Forest Run is not a bad idea.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

This is going to bring the gun toten itching for action fanboys out of the woodwork just wait .

To the OP You did right just out ride the ******* works the best everytime and nobody gets to explain 30 times over and over again what happened while the cops try to trip up the story and pin something on you .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 11-17-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
matt25
Road Captain

i never am not carrying so i would of prob pulled ahead of him long enuff for me to pull mine and be sitting there waiting for him to pull up. 90% prob he would of saw mine and peeled off

Old 11-17-2011, 05:06 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
You did the best thing not to escalate a bad situation further. Sometimes it is best to run away so you can live and fight another day.
Absolutely, I would have done the same as you. No need to get hurt by an idiot that should not be in the control of a weapon. Good decision.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by matt25
i never am not carrying so i would of prob pulled ahead of him long enuff for me to pull mine and be sitting there waiting for him to pull up. 90% prob he would of saw mine and peeled off
Not sure this story ends the way you would like it to...

Old 11-17-2011, 05:29 PM
matt25
Road Captain

ends better than smoaking for 20 years. lol at least its quick

Old 11-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Blackfly
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
Fight or flight!

Fight:
In this corner weighing in on a 700lb sled equiped with bare knuckles... and in this corner weighing in on a 2 ton cage equiped with a firearm...

OR

Flight:
Go on about your business

Gotta call it, "You pussied out!"
pharoah - you one sick puppy HAHA The pissed off guy was a double coward as you point out in your own way. and an ******* for risking OP's life.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:20 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by matt25
ends better than smoaking for 20 years. lol at least its quick
Yeah, but shooting someone - even someone who desperately deserves it - isn't the end of that story; it's just the beginning of a long and expensive chapter. With very few exceptions any other ending is the stuff of Hollywood.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:20 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by spongetail
Its difficult to aim on a moving motorcycle anyway.
I've seen AH-NOLD do it!!!

Quick Reply: He has a weapon !