General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

He has a weapon !

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:01 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

there is a big difference in being brave and stupid..you did the rite thing getting out of there..

Old 11-17-2011, 11:12 AM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,730 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by spongetail
Its difficult to aim on a moving motorcycle anyway.

IMO that was your best move. If being behind a 2000lb machine that could squash us at any time isn't bad enough the dud has to pull a gun? What a tool.
SOA shoots on bikes all the time.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
CSP067
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

But you're in East Tennessee! I thought all the asshats like that were down here in South Florida. Too bad you didn't get to see his plates ... I'll bet he wandered out of Miami and got his dumb *** lost.

Nicely done man, could have been ugly. Hopefully Karma will take care of that bozo.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:30 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's just a matter of time before you read in the paper about someone Blowing him away.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Denver Dave
I believe in my state, it is considered felony menacing.
+1.

And if you were licensed to carry, you would realize the ignorance of your last statement.

Being licensed to carry doesn't mean you have a blank check to pull your piece whenever you feel you need to. Clearly, you demonstrated that keeping a cool head and riding away was a way to de-escalate the situation.

Imagine, for a second that you had pulled your piece. On the bike you have more to worry about than just aiming. Balance for starters. You'd either be dead or wounded, or looking at some serious defense attorney bills.

**edit - I mean not to sound like an ***. Just saying, that being licensed to carry, and doing so will not get you out of every situation. I'm glad you were able to distance yourself and arrive at your destination safely. Too many idiots out there with guns in their possession.

Last edited by Redbeard719; 11-17-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Clutch70
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=fish eye;9051541]

And if you were licensed to carry, you would realize the ignorance of your last statement.

What statement are you talking about?

Old 11-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
....Guess I'm glad I'm not permitted to carry or this would have a different ending....
Originally Posted by Clutch70
What statement are you talking about?

This is the line I meant.

I understand the anger or adrenaline or the need to stand ground. I really do. Charlie needs to realize that he didn't run. He saved his hide. Plain and simple.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Even though you weren't able to get a plate number, you should have called the police immediately. A description of the vehicle and a time and place is often enough to have the idiot pulled over. When he is found to have a gun in his possession, he will be in big trouble. You need to get idiots like this off of the street.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Tenn
Tourer
Received 126 Likes on 61 Posts

when i unholster my 40cal there is a 99% chance a round is gonna be fired. i carry most of the time. and yeah shooting from a moving bike is different than practicing on the river bank. now you have me thinking. my neighbors gonna luv me when i set targets up along the driveway and pop them coming in from a ride.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:24 PM
kingcatfish1090
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up You probably would have been shot anyway dude...

You had zero cover and concealment from atop a motorcycle, so what im hearing is got urself clear of a bad ending......,
Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
On a 4 lane I'm in the outside lane with traffic pretty near my rear and getting blocked in with traffic on the inside lane when a feller coming my way in his inside lane and decides to make a U turn in heavy traffic in front of me. He swings onto the curb and continues with no signal and I didn't want to stop for him and as he started to merge onto me I blew my horn and accelerated hard and moved out but got his attention. After a short distance I could see him weaving thru traffic until he was up behind me and trying to tell me something with assorted hand motions and when stopped for a traffic light he showed me his pistol thru the windshield. Light changed and I did my best demonstration of lane splitting until I was out of sight. Couldn't think of any way I could safely get any identification of vehicle. Ashamed to say but I ran and hid. Guess I'm glad I'm not permitted to carry or this would have a different ending. They are out there!

Quick Reply: He has a weapon !