General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

He has a weapon !

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:30 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Guess I'm glad I'm not permitted to carry or this would have a different ending. They are out there!
If that's the case, then I'm glad that you aren't permitted either!. I am and it takes a lot of self control and logical reasoning in order to do it safely. Just because you're licensed, doesn't mean that you have the right to pull it out anytime you want. Especially for something as "minor" as some moron flashing his piece at you in traffic. From what you described, he didn't point it at you in a threatening manner or anything like that. He was just a moron being a moron.

This is exactly why I tell my kids and my OL, curb the road rage and blow off people who diss you on the highway. Let them go about their f'd up ways because you never know who is carrying these days.

That being said, I have to wonder if in this situation, it would have been better to try and get a license plate #. Chances are the guy wouldn't have truly drawn on OP, especially since all he did was "show" him his gun. Sounds like more of little punk who needs to be made to understand that you just can't do **** like that. I'd bet my house that he's not licensed to carry and even if he was, his actions prove that he's unstable/unsafe. He's exactly the kind of person that I DON'T want sharing the highways with myself or my loved ones.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Clutch70
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is illegal to wave a gun at some one. Especially after pursuing them thru traffic. just saying.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Denver Dave
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Too bad you didn't get his plate number...."brandishing" a weapon like that is illegal.

~Joe
I believe in my state, it is considered felony menacing.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Road rage is rampant these days and made worse by those that carry a weapon and can't control their rage.

Glad it worked out on the positive side.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:18 AM
DEGRider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your ok and telling about it. I hope not to be in your position but with ccw and criminals carring any way it has great potiential. I advocate for ccw but we cant make people more responcible with their actions.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Subduedracer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good call dude. Not worth the headache. Even if he had no gun and wanted to fight, you still lose. Problems like that work themselves out. He'll do it again someday. This wasn't the first time he waived his gun. Some day, it will be a off duty police officer he shows it to and he'll wish he had not been such a douche bag.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

would got his plate and burned his ***

Old 11-17-2011, 10:43 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As Bugs would say, "What a maroon."

I usually carry, but I never have responded in those rare situations like what you described by doing anything other than getting out of danger. I always try to get a description of the nutjob and vehicle, as well location. Plate number is nice, but hard to do.

Asshats like that give responsible gun owners a bad name.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:48 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,093 Likes on 6,691 Posts

"If I Had a Rocket Launcher".....Bruce Cockburn

Old 11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
inthechateau
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up great scene

Originally Posted by pargenz
As Bugs would say, "What a maroon."

I usually carry, but I never have responded in those rare situations like what you described by doing anything other than getting out of danger. I always try to get a description of the nutjob and vehicle, as well location. Plate number is nice, but hard to do.

Asshats like that give responsible gun owners a bad name.
Love that scene in your post.

Quick Reply: He has a weapon !