General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

He has a weapon !

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 11:49 AM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Seriously!? Do you see the contradiction here? You claim to know when & when not to use it. Then in the next breath, you prove that either you are a total liar OR that you don't know **** about gun laws. It's people like you who have NO business owning and/or carrying firearms.

Un-freakin-believable...
Yeah he may want to avoid saying I shot to kill him as fast as possible. There are either a lot of folks here that didn't pay attention in training, had instructors that ripped them off or they don't really have permits.

You shoot to stop the threat, you never say I shot to kill. You are a responsible law abiding citizen exercising your rights not the Punisher on a TV show. Comments like that can be the difference between exoneration and incarceration.

Brandishing inside a car in that situation as described is probably a retreat situation.. Generally you have to be able to demonstrate a real and immediate threat to your life. If you have CCW and can "retreat" safely than in most instances you probably should. Some states have stand and defend statutes (I think that is what it is called)

Generally, in this instance as described in almost every sense it would have been better to avoid a gunfight. You are at a tactical disadvantage and I am perplexed by comments like glass will deflect the bullet about 3/4 inch so aim accordingly. Pure bunk for about 10 different reasons.

IF you CCW you have a very heavy responsibility. Those with O.K. Corral mindset need not apply

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (06-29-2024)
Old 11-25-2011, 04:11 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

^^x2 I agree, Most ,albeit ;hopefully all people with a cc permit would no all the laws , when not to and when to use deadly force. My state uses deadly force when using a firearm btw.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:20 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
Not one post, thinking it could of been a LEO trying too make a call. or at the very least saw a dunkin donuts going the other way, Got pissed at said biker and decided the gun waving was better than the badge. .......
Seriously? There are hundreds of cop bashing threads on here, you gotta drag this one down too?

"My inner primary is leaking. Any ideas on why?"

"Yeah, a cop probably heard you're loud pipes, got pissed, and shot a hole in the bottom of the primary. Fricken cops suck."

Old 03-24-2012, 12:31 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by rdam
Seriously? There are hundreds of cop bashing threads on here, you gotta drag this one down too?

"My inner primary is leaking. Any ideas on why?"

"Yeah, a cop probably heard you're loud pipes, got pissed, and shot a hole in the bottom of the primary. Fricken cops suck."
I was in an anti-social therapy session when I posted that. I'm better now.