General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

He has a weapon !

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 07:32 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Just too remind everyone, the op was the victim here, by a cge driver waving a gun at him, not pointing, but a look what I have kinda thing, Not saying it's right, (it isn't). But that being said, I would have a hard time not to just drive away, something 'bout teaching foolish a$$holes a lesson, I have a weakness, I know.........................

Old 11-25-2011, 04:13 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
Just too remind everyone, the op was the victim here, .............

After he sent me a PM last month, And the "tone" his writing was in?
Dude...I think he brought it all on by himself. I don't think he "tooted" his horn, but rather did one of those obnoxious ride by blows that lasted for several seconds or more...shoot, he probably did more than that. He probably acted like billy badass trying to scare the person in the cage But ran like a scared woman when he pulled his gun.
Heck...he probably got off of his bike at the traffic light and started walking towards the cage before the gun was pulled!

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (06-29-2024)
Old 11-25-2011, 06:26 AM
torchman
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100%

Originally Posted by rocket23
Just too remind everyone, the op was the victim here, by a cge driver waving a gun at him, not pointing, but a look what I have kinda thing, Not saying it's right, (it isn't). But that being said, I would have a hard time not to just drive away, something 'bout teaching foolish a$$holes a lesson, I have a weakness, I know.........................
i agree, you can not teach a foolish a$$hole nothing cause their foolish. anybody flashing they have a gun is foolish and they are not shooting no one their just flexing.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:06 AM
99octane
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
On a 4 lane I'm in the outside lane with traffic pretty near my rear and getting blocked in with traffic on the inside lane when a feller coming my way in his inside lane and decides to make a U turn in heavy traffic in front of me. He swings onto the curb and continues with no signal and I didn't want to stop for him and as he started to merge onto me I blew my horn and accelerated hard and moved out but got his attention. After a short distance I could see him weaving thru traffic until he was up behind me and trying to tell me something with assorted hand motions and when stopped for a traffic light he showed me his pistol thru the windshield. Light changed and I did my best demonstration of lane splitting until I was out of sight. Couldn't think of any way I could safely get any identification of vehicle. Ashamed to say but I ran and hid. Guess I'm glad I'm not permitted to carry or this would have a different ending. They are out there!
PS: No cell phone to call and report + hard to take a picture when in front and lane splitting for the fist time & no plate on front bumper nohow.
Sounds like a VERY smart move on your part.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Two guys I ride with often are LEO's, that guy might have had a bad day if He pulled that one with them around to see it.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:41 AM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,867 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by Denver Dave
Any fool who shows a concealed pistol to a motorcyclist who simply honked at him is unstable at best, and more than likely a dangerous powderkeg. With that said, and based on your statement that this very minor situation would've ended differently if you carried, I too am glad you are not permitted to carry, nor do I think you should.
I CCW, concealed means concealed just because you are permitted to carry doesn't mean that situation had to turn in to a blood bath. In fact to most of us that CCW, that idea probably makes no sense.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:43 AM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
If that's the case, then I'm glad that you aren't permitted either!. I am and it takes a lot of self control and logical reasoning in order to do it safely. Just because you're licensed, doesn't mean that you have the right to pull it out anytime you want. Especially for something as "minor" as some moron flashing his piece at you in traffic. From what you described, he didn't point it at you in a threatening manner or anything like that. He was just a moron being a moron.

This is exactly why I tell my kids and my OL, curb the road rage and blow off people who diss you on the highway. Let them go about their f'd up ways because you never know who is carrying these days.

That being said, I have to wonder if in this situation, it would have been better to try and get a license plate #. Chances are the guy wouldn't have truly drawn on OP, especially since all he did was "show" him his gun. Sounds like more of little punk who needs to be made to understand that you just can't do **** like that. I'd bet my house that he's not licensed to carry and even if he was, his actions prove that he's unstable/unsafe. He's exactly the kind of person that I DON'T want sharing the highways with myself or my loved ones.
Amen you get it

Old 11-25-2011, 07:54 AM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by matt25
i never am not carrying so i would of prob pulled ahead of him long enuff for me to pull mine and be sitting there waiting for him to pull up. 90% prob he would of saw mine and peeled off
And you'd have been charged, once away from the threat you have no right to draw your weapon. Your instructor and your understanding of the law has failed you.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (06-29-2024)
Old 11-25-2011, 07:55 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

oh oh, sp.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:07 AM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by straydog13
some of you guys need to lighten up a little.---That "last sentence" that everyone keeps reffering to i took as a joke.....just something you say when youre irritated. I cant speak for the OP but i dont think he really seriously meant that he would have tried to shoot it out with the guy at that moment.
Personally i would have done the same thing, even if i was carrying. Now if someone shows a gun and follows you then things start to change. In this case i wouldnt have bothered to call the police.....sht happens and sht was over with.No need to bother with the police.----no i dont want to have an endless arguement over this...its just what I would do...its not what everyone would do i understand.

edit--people shouldnt blame everyone and act holier than thou just because someone is carrying illegally. Carry illegally is no big deal. The driver is an american citizen(i assume) and has a right to "keep and bear arms" just like the rest of us.----------dont get me wrong he is still a moron and probably will scare someone one day and get his sht blown away.
Carrying illegally is no big deal? Since when? Add to that brandishing? If he is licensed to carry brandishing is a big no no if he isn't licensed still a felony in most states.

People need to learn the gun laws of their states before commenting and saying ridiculous things like this.

Quick Reply: He has a weapon !