General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelmoto is a joke

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roid rage at its finest LOL!

Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Throwback
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my **** came in from FuelMoto, I called to clarify a step in the directions. They tech talked to me for a half hour. Took his time to guide me through the instal completly. My bike runs perfect.

Are you sure you called the right number?

Old 11-16-2011, 07:19 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

You know what, I was disappointed with Fuel Moto when I had an issue with my PCV last Spring. My bike started running crappy and I called the shop a few times and the phone was not answered. Maybe you were on vacation or something. I don't know.

At any rate, I moved from calling you guys to calling Power Commander and got nothing but busy signals on the line. After about 15 calls, I gave up, took the tuner off the bike, and went with with a different tuner. At the time, the P.O.S. PCV was still under warranty.

Now, I'm not saying that Fuel Moto is crooked or anything like that. I think you are probably overwhelmed by the amount of business you have. The end result for me though, I have a pricey tuner lying in the box on my workbench being used as a paperweight. Not a good result for me.

I'm backing the OP a little bit here. I know you're trying to make it right but, a guy shouldn't have to get hysterical to solve a simple issue. I believe you're a good dude Jaime but, you may need more help at your shop. I'm not fishing for a fix on my PCV because I'm done with that crap. No one is perfect is the point of this post.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:44 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by SoonerSoftail
I'm very sorry that you had bad service from them. However, I'm sure from past reports that this thread will soon be filled with replies just the opposite of your experience. As for me I bought a PCV from FuelMoto. Ran great out of the box. I've made a couple of changes to the bike and one short phone call later I had a new map in my email box. Every one ran great.
Yep, nothing but good luck and service from Fuel Moto. I have had them on the phone while my bike was hooked up and they helped me with a tune. You sure you got the right phone number?
MikeM

Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 PM
scasey
Road Master

This is what I hate about forums. Company like FM works very hard to get a great rep which is obvious from all the backers in this thread and other threads I have read only to have a couple of people not happy starting the bash parade. It is impossible to please everyone all of the time.

I will also say I have never bought anything from them but when I do buy a tuner, which I hope to do soon, I will be hitting these guys up for it

To FM..... Keep up the good work!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:06 PM
djwhaley
Road Captain

I bought my pcv from a forum member who got it from fuelmoto. Fuelmoto helped me install and sent the right download to me, they have no money from me but still back up their product...

Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 PM
mcain49
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

ZERO issues here. Prompt courteous service and all phone calls answered and all emails returned.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,269 Likes on 1,582 Posts

BigJLocke,

You said this:

FINALLY, I get an email reply... "There is nothing wrong with out units, you probably have an exhaust leak....."

That is literally all the email said....

Jamie quoted this:

Hello, nothing would have changed in the map so something either changed in the exhaust or somewhere else on the bike. I would start by carefully checking for an exhaust or intake leak. If you need any help just let us know

Thank you.........Jamie

Can you clarify which one is the accurate one?

Last edited by Toypuller; 11-16-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:34 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by scasey
This is what I hate about forums. Company like FM works very hard to get a great rep which is obvious from all the backers in this thread and other threads I have read only to have a couple of people not happy starting the bash parade. It is impossible to please everyone all of the time.

I will also say I have never bought anything from them but when I do buy a tuner, which I hope to do soon, I will be hitting these guys up for it

To FM..... Keep up the good work!
so because 20 people have good service, 3 people that havent cant complain or be upset???
it doesnt make FM bad,everyone has off day or makes mistakes
if someones first experience is a bad one,they are entitled to be upset and complain even if they are the only one ever to get this service! that is there personal experience of the company!

Old 11-16-2011, 11:27 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I purchased a tuner from them and it was a good experience. When I changed from SE mufflers (as in SE1's tapered which turned out to be the same as stock but with a 1/2" hole in the plug) to Cobra Dragsters they sent me a map for them and it was the same one I was running. I thought that was odd being the Dragsters were way less restrictive but it ran great.

I did have the same issue as the OP, popping at start up (sounded like a gun shot) and on decel but dismissed the exhaust leak fix. Couldn't hear it leaking BUT I checked the nuts, they were loose and once tightened the issue was resolved.

Last edited by ackman1968; 11-16-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Fuelmoto is a joke