General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson myths

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:39 AM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MYTH: The HD "brotherhood". It doesn't exist. Softail guys think they're better than the Dyna guys. Everyone rails on Sportsters. Touring guys think everyone should just buy a tourer and get it over with. Nobody accepts the V-Rod guys.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by ConnMan
MYTH: The HD "brotherhood". It doesn't exist. Softail guys think they're better than the Dyna guys. Everyone rails on Sportsters. Touring guys think everyone should just buy a tourer and get it over with. Nobody accepts the V-Rod guys.
And us old school knuckle draggers laugh at all of you

Old 11-15-2011, 11:51 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by agueybana
myth: harley owners hate honda people!! ..lol
only yellow GW's.........

Old 11-15-2011, 11:51 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd call that one a half myth. It did exist at one time, but it seems long gone now

Old 11-15-2011, 11:53 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
I'd call that one a half myth. It did exist at one time, but it seems long gone now
easy fix... keep one of each in the grudge.....

Old 11-15-2011, 12:25 PM
chopped7
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

truth- shovelheads leak oil.

there are at least 10 bikes in the motorcycle parking at my work across 3 shifts. i work nights and the one dude with the shovelhead works days. i took the chopper to work last week and got out late. i should get off at 5am and he starts at 7am but he was already there when i left that day. i kid you not, i started it in my parking space and the shovel leaked oil like it was taking a **** from the vibration. i was looking at it when i started my bike. the spot he parks in is an oil slick.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:29 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by chopped7
truth- shovelheads leak oil.

there are at least 10 bikes in the motorcycle parking at my work across 3 shifts. i work nights and the one dude with the shovelhead works days. i took the chopper to work last week and got out late. i should get off at 5am and he starts at 7am but he was already there when i left that day. i kid you not, i started it in my parking space and the shovel leaked oil like it was taking a **** from the vibration. i was looking at it when i started my bike. the spot he parks in is an oil slick.
That's the owners fault not the bikes , my shovels don't leak and never have and guaranteed I've run the holy hell out of them much harder than you have the newer ones with fewer problems for many more years .

Blame the loose nut that hangs off the handlebars not the bike , you let yours go as bad the guys your going on about yours will be just as ragged in 30 years to , suck on that .

Old 11-15-2011, 12:40 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Harleys are all american made.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:42 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
That's the owners fault not the bikes , my shovels don't leak and never have and guaranteed I've run the holy hell out of them much harder than you have the newer ones with fewer problems for many more years .

Blame the loose nut that hangs off the handlebars not the bike , you let yours go as bad the guys your going on about yours will be just as ragged in 30 years to , suck on that .
Better go check your oil level.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:52 PM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MYTH: Touring guys think everyone should just buy a tourer and get it over with.
It's not all myth...

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson myths