General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solo riding

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:15 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: solo riding

Relaxing down time....nothing better.

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:20 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior

Here's another loner. Like so many others I enjoy the freedom to do what I want when I want. Rodw to Sturgis this year with 3 other guys and while it was OK, I prefer (and so does my better half) to go it alone.
Plannig a ride in April to Portalnd Oregon going up the caost all the way, and the biggy next summer going coast to coast.

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:21 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

I like riding alone, and I like riding with others. I've found thought that the more others there are the less time you spend ridin' and the more time you spend waiting, smoking, drinking coffee, fillin' up etc.
For me two or three bikes is a real good time.

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:29 PM
user 37474839
Banned

Just because you have a Harley, it doesn't mean you can only ride with groups. Heck, I ride solo here most the time as do many others. Probably half the bikes I pass on a typical run are riding solo.

A lot of time I'll just start riding without any actual destination in mind and it's much harder to do that with planned group rides.

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:35 PM
springerGT
Road Master

Interesting post, I've ridden in many benefit rides and find it stressful watching out for where everyone is and what they are going to do. From now on I'll make a donation to the cause and do my riding like I want to. Got two Harleys both with solo seats. If I go down, I'll not take another with me. My 02.

GT

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:36 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I do about 50% solo, 50% small group. I have 2 close freinds I do a lot of riding with, another one of my buddies just bought a bike, and my father rides with us sometimes. We are all about 20 - 30 miles apart, so we try to get together once a week if we can, its awesome. But during the week, I take off on my own after work quite often as well. I take off and go down roads I have never been, trying to get lost, it never works out....now that I have a street glide maybe I can get far enough away that I don't know where I'm at...I hope.

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:46 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

No, you're not the only one. I enjoy riding by myself because I like to come and go as I please. Someday I might to try a group thing, but right now, I ride solo.
ORIGINAL: larry5h

Is there anyone else out there that enjoys riding alone? Or am I the only one crazy?

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:51 PM
anubisss
Banned

I vote for solo as well. I prefer to move at my own pace, and I don't like riding with people whom I don't know their abilities. Just the way it usually happens...

Old 12-02-2006 | 07:54 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I too ride alone,I'd say 99% of the time.I have some friends who own brand new bikes and seem afraid to move them from that special spot in their driveways/garages.I've grown tired of asking if they want to ride so now i don't even bother calling to ask any of them.

I enjoy picking my own route,speed,unsheduled stops along the way and when i'll return back home.Some cold drinks and CD's to listen to and i'm good for a all day adventure somewhere

Old 12-02-2006 | 10:44 AM
harleyxlc
Road Master

Almost always ride solo. I like leaving when I want, going where I want, coming home when I want.

Quick Reply: solo riding