General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth helmets

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:08 AM
BonyByNatur2003
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth helmets

Hubby and I are looking at getting new helmets. We definitely want bluetooth, but dont care if it comes on the helmet or is aftermarket. I need something that will handle the phone and ipod, while still being able to communicate with each other. Some questions...

If hes playing the ipod, will he be able to hear the phone?
Do you have to stop the ipod and then answer the phone, or is there a setup that will cancel the ipod out and automatically switch to the phone. Then switch back to the ipod when you hang up the phone?

How do you answer the phone? Do you have to manually do it through the phone or is there a button somewhere you can hit to make it faster?

My husband already found the attachment to connect to his ipod to make it bluetooth enabled, now we just need to decide on the helmets and bluetooth systems.

TIA!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 AM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wife and I use the Scala Rider Multi-set.

http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-ri...er-q2-multiset

Buy whatever helmet you like and this will fit it. There is a newer one out that allows you to get your turn by turn GPS directions over your headset and a ton of other features.

We enjoy it though, we can talk to each other and she listens to her iPod and I listen to the radio.

This one will mute your music when you receive a phone call or want to talk to your hubby. Then when you hang-up, the music automatically kicks back on.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-11-2011, 07:15 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got a Chatterbox XBi2, Bluetooth. I use it with my XM radio. It's phone capable, too. Mine's on my Shoei Multitec.

I've been looking at the Nolan N90 'Bluetooth' helmet, for the future. There's a Chatterbox version that is built specifically for this helmet. Pricey, though. The helmet's about $275, and the Bluetooth is over $300 once all's said and done. Still cheaper than the multitec and Bluetooth (around $650 all tolled).

Schuberth makes a modular helmet (C3) and an integrated Blue tooth. Nice setup, but it's really expensive (helmet is $700, and Blutooth add-on is about $400).

If you ride with people that are Bluetooth equipped, find out what they use. There's a chance you can do inter-bike if you're all using compatible systems...

Alan