Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a leather vest

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:19 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you're an XL, you're in luck..Lil' Joe for $240 https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gear-...ther-vest.html

Old 11-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
If you're an XL, you're in luck..Lil' Joe for $240 https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gear-...ther-vest.html
I am an XL, but it says sold.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

So for everyone saying pay less get less and saying that Lil Joe's is the way to go, are you saying that Fox Creek is not good quality? I can understand how Lil Joe's may be better, but from all the research that I have done here on HDForums, there seems to be a lot of people happy with their Fox Creek vests. Anyone have any issues with one?

Old 11-10-2011, 02:44 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Outlaw Bikers is okay? I was all for them but then someone posted some funny stuff here... not judging, just like to know the real deal...

Old 11-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
These guys have good leather and a good company to deal with:
http://outlawbikersuppliesusa.com/
Quality gear

Old 11-10-2011, 04:20 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 493 Posts

Foxcreek is fantastic leather and they have a damn good guarantee. Compare the guarantees/warranties, there's where it make the difference in the good leather companies...they'll stand by their product through thick and thin.

Places like leatherup are nothing but cheap-**** garbage. Try and figure out what the leather came from, then wonder why there's a section that's thin as paper and right next to it it's 'okay'. Try and figure out why all the mink oil or saddle soap or neatsfoot oil you put on it doesn't make a damned bit of difference in that area that's 'dry' on the vest/jacket. Go ahead and get that $50 vest from them...in two years you'll be regretting it.

Last edited by tar_snake; 11-10-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Tom tom drums ate the pizza if gravel is blue.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:34 PM
gerjets
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
These guys have good leather and a good company to deal with:
http://outlawbikersuppliesusa.com/

++ on this one. Decide which type of vest you like - the traditional v-neck style or the collared - I opted for the 1" collar from Outlawbikersupplies and it is a great vest. Lots of room for a large patch on the back plus smaller patches wherever you want to place them. Vest quality is excellent!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:41 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

A few months back I bought a Harley vest that was on their sale rack. It was marked down to 99 bucks and it is very well made.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:48 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by L0W R1D3R

Basic, quality, well-made plain black leather vest. Needs to be made in America. I plan on sewing patches on it, so no embroidery, frilly tassels or any of that. A pocket on the inside would be great. I plan on wearing it over a t-shirt in the summer and over a leather jacket in the winter.

I don't want to say that price isn't an option, because I am always looking to be practical with my money. That said, I have no problem paying for quality and I want this vest to last 20 years, not 20 months.

Where is the best place to look? I am hoping to reuse all of the time you guys have spent researching this and not start from scratch.

Thanks,

L0W R1D3R

Look no further...

http://espinozasleather.com/

Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM
WVNightster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for Fox Creek,although I don't have their vest I have a jacket and it is top notch,good craftsmanship and thick as hell.I do have a vest from Outlaw Biker Supply the leather isn't as thick as my FC jacket but it is made pretty good.If you go with OBS make sure you order the right size cause it gets pretty expensive if you have to exchange it.

Quick Reply: Need a leather vest