Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you think I should take my bike to the show.
You should go
78.13%
You should stay home
3.13%
You dont have a chance
0%
I dont give a crap!
18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Easyriders Crafty Custom contest, I need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 PM
abi
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I submitted my bike last winter and was told I was a winner and needed to bring my bike several hunderd miles to a photo shoot. After several emails back and forth with some easyrider guy and the photographer they treated me like I should be kissing their a$$es seeing as I was a "winner". I think anyone who took the time to submit and met the criteria probably was told they were a winner. You've got a great bike and probably have a good chance. It's a gamble, are you willing to lose over $1000?

Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can afford to go then go,if not stay home !!!

Old 11-08-2011, 10:10 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by abi
I submitted my bike last winter and was told I was a winner and needed to bring my bike several hunderd miles to a photo shoot. After several emails back and forth with some easyrider guy and the photographer they treated me like I should be kissing their a$$es seeing as I was a "winner". I think anyone who took the time to submit and met the criteria probably was told they were a winner. You've got a great bike and probably have a good chance. It's a gamble, are you willing to lose over $1000?

The photographer was waiting for you the day I was there. I'm not trying to be an ***, but its not like they are gonna send a professional photographer to your house to take the pics! I drove almost 5 hours each way to go to the shoot. I never had the feeling that they wanted me to kiss their asses. The photographer even made a call to a local hotel/resort and got me a suite! It had a bedroom, living room, two baths, and a kitchen...The room cost me $50!

Sorry to hear about your expeirence, you really missed out. It was pretty cool!

Last edited by redrubicon2004; 11-08-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 PM
abi
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004
The photographer was waiting for you the day I was there. I'm not trying to be an ***, but its not like they are gonna send a professional photographer to your house to take the pics! I drove almost 5 hours each way to go to the shoot. I never had the feeling that they wanted me to kiss their asses. The photographer even made a call to a local hotel/resort and got me a suite! It had a bedroom, living room, two baths, and a kitchen...The room cost me $50!

Sorry to hear about your expeirence, you really missed out. It was pretty cool!
That's not the part that didn't make sense. They said they'd get me a hotel room and all that as well. It's when I started to question the contest itself. I asked several questions about how people were supposed to prove there bike was built for less than $10k. Mine easily was but I didn't really have solid proof of that. Like many I traded parts, bought used parts online, made my own parts, did my own paint... How do you prove the value of some of this? I wanted to know these answers before I agreed to any contest. they acted like I shouldn't question anything like that and I should be honored to be accepted into the contest. And now that I find out the only way to win the $10k is you have to go to CA with the bike makes me glad I didn't bother with it. I sold the bike months ago.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:17 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can swing it money wise... Go for it. If its gonna put your wallet in a bind, then stay home. Thats pretty good odds of winning some cash. I think your bike has a real chance. I saw this contest being advertised in the magazine. I think it would be a pretty cool experiance to network and what not, can you put a price on that?

I vote go for it!

EDIT: WHENS THE SHOW? IF ITS IN WINTER, I WOULD THINK THIS WOULD BE A GOOD EXCUSE TO LEAVE CHICAGO AND DO SOME CALI RIDING! PLUS, I DREAM OF RIDING SOME OF THOSE ROADS, LIKE THE PCH AND WHAT NOT

Last edited by shimmon; 11-09-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:09 AM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I voted you should go, based on irrefutable logic.

1. You wouldn't have posted the thread if you weren't interested.
2. If you didn't have the money to go, the question wouldn't matter.
3. If your interest was contingent on winning you wouldn't have posed the question/poll the way you did.

Now, pack your stuff and enjoy the trip. However, I would suggest spending a little extra time over here riding some of the amazing coastal and mountain range roads at your disposal before you go back to the land of ice.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:12 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I do not know what it costs to enter, but that is a great looking custom and I would give it my vote. Do it.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Go and have fun. If you're hell bent on winning, stay home.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:59 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

go for it! you got a good chance at that 10k