General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Blackstone Valley or Worcester Chapter of HOG here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Rockrivr1
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Any Blackstone Valley or Worcester Chapter of HOG here?

I've been thinking of joining the Blackstone Valley, Worcester or maybe even both Chapters of HOG and was wondering if anyone here belongs to either one of those chapters. (Can you belong to more then one?) Looking to get out and meet some folks, join a few remaining rides this year and get ready for next year. Was just trying to get a feel for what folks though of either of those chapters. Whether you're a current or former members that could give me some insight.

Thanks

Old 11-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not in either, but can you maybe help me and tell me if the Registry still gives road tests in November. I have been riding long enough with out being legit and I will be home for a short spell in November to try and get my Liscence so I can shipp my new to me sproty down here to Mexico. Caqnt get international insurance with out my liscence. AS far as your OP I road with HOG out of Revere on a couple of rides with my limited, they were cool, Not sure how far your looking to go but they are a great outfit and do a lot of rides AND bbq´S!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Rockrivr1
Road Master

Hi Timmy. I went to the RMV web site and they indicated they do road tests for motorcycles year round except when the roads are icy/snowy after a storm. You can schedule a date on their web site at this link.

https://secure.rmv.state.ma.us/prest...n=BookRoadTest

Thanks for the information on the Revere group.

Anyone else a member in one of these two groups?

Old 11-08-2011, 06:07 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm in South Shore HOG in Brockton and we do some rides with Blackstone Valley and they are a good bunch of guys. What town do you live in?

Old 11-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Rockrivr1
Road Master

Originally Posted by petemac
I'm in South Shore HOG in Brockton and we do some rides with Blackstone Valley and they are a good bunch of guys. What town do you live in?
I'm in Uxbridge. The Blackstone Chapter is closer, but the Worcester Chapter is bigger. That's not necessarily a good thing though. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:12 PM
meathead1134
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockrivr1
I've been thinking of joining the Blackstone Valley, Worcester or maybe even both Chapters of HOG and was wondering if anyone here belongs to either one of those chapters. (Can you belong to more then one?) Looking to get out and meet some folks, join a few remaining rides this year and get ready for next year. Was just trying to get a feel for what folks though of either of those chapters. Whether you're a current or former members that could give me some insight.

Thanks
The Blackstone Valley guys are a bunch of nice people. I've gone on a few rides with them out of Precision HD in Pawtucket RI. I do not know them personally but they stress safety while riding I've talked with a few of them while just hanging around prior to the rides. They usually are in charge of the Demo days at Precision.