General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Settle a dispute...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 09:29 AM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, lady at dealership made a mistake and your wife wants her to pay for that mistake instead of being an honest and moral person? Wow, I hope she never makes a mistake.

You did the right thing. Its not about a big corporation, its about morals.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Gotta go w/what's "ethical" in this situation & I believe your GF is in the "unethical" category...

Old 11-04-2011, 09:33 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Its all about Karma.....

Old 11-04-2011, 09:33 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior

fwiw, i think a lot of posters here are being overly harsh on the OP's OL. we dont know the full context of their conversation, or her motivation, so i wouldnt extrapolate her comments too much trying to apply them to what kind of person she might be.

sidestory: i am a VERY strong believer in paying for what you acquire/consume (as might be evident by my anti-piracy posts in other threads), but if i feel a company mishandled something after making an honest mistake, i'll get a bit assertive just to prove a point. case in point, i ordered some speedos (i swim competitively, shaddup! :P ) from a website. rang up as $0 shipping. later, after all the order finalizing, they tack on a shipping charge to my bill that i did not approve. i didnt expect free shipping, and was willing to pay for it, but a) they are not legally allowed to charge my card without my consent, and b) the rep i spoke with was a b!tch about it. so i issued a chargeback for the shipping charge even though i was willing to pay it.

long story short: we dont know all the particulars. the OP's OL could be a perfectly fine human being, and just had an off day or was joking or something.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You absolutely did the right thing. Who has to pay in the event you don't has no bearing here. Treat others the way you want to be treated AND surround yourself with those who do the same.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:37 AM
mjolnir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by osirisdean
fwiw, i think a lot of posters here are being overly harsh on the OP's OL. we dont know the full context of their conversation, or her motivation, so i wouldnt extrapolate her comments too much trying to apply them to what kind of person she might be.
Thanks. It's totally cool, it's several people, and each one expressing their own opinion, so it adds up to a lot of posts. When it's read all together, it seems like it's a lot, but we can all speak our mind here. We're just talking about this one snapshot of one situation, so I can see how people would say what's been said.

And yep, there's a lot of other things she does that make her a great person.

And for those doubting their computer/cash register system... you guys are absolutely RIGHT. They had a separate cash register with the laser, to scan the item, and then if you pay with a card, the clerk has to take the card to a separate machine, swipe it, and input the purchase amount. That's where the error came. But that's just how they choose to do things I guess.

Originally Posted by dickey
$66 BUX FOR FREAKIN' GOGGLES??!! You need serious HELP!
But but but they have the transition lenses... ah, nevermind.

Dinner for 2 at Carabba's
3 hookers & a pack of condoms
Any chrome engine cover from the catalog
Custom grips
A whole lotta doobage or enough booze for a great evening with the GF as you teach her the error of her ways

Seriously,just bustin' on ya! Dickey may be a lot of things, but he has & DOES admire integrity, a trait seemingly lost nowadays!
Thanks man. Not a fan of Carrabba's or chrome, grips would be a maybe, been sober for a while now. I'd be a little worried about hookers that are that cheap, may come with some extra plumbing!

Last edited by mjolnir; 11-04-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You agreed to pay the 66 bucks when you took em off the shelf. This isn't tge retail lottery. When the error was discovered of course you go in and pay. You already agreed to it. Karma is a bitch and doing the right thing is always keeps the evil spirits at bay.
Now getting to the old lady. WTF is she thinking and what would possess her to think that's even acceptable.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You get the "Dickey" seal of approval for your actions!

HOWEVER....

$66 BUX FOR FREAKIN' GOGGLES??!! You need serious HELP! What're you;made of money? Seriously,mine cost A BUCK! At the Dollar Store. No way would I pay that kinda cheddar for something that's gonna get scratched,broken,stepped on, or lost within the week. I actually just finished JB Welding my latest broken pair that cost a buck. Here's what you can get for $66:

Dinner for 2 at Carabba's
3 hookers & a pack of condoms
Any chrome engine cover from the catalog
Custom grips
A whole lotta doobage or enough booze for a great evening with the GF as you teach her the error of her ways

Seriously,just bustin' on ya! Dickey may be a lot of things, but he has & DOES admire integrity, a trait seemingly lost nowadays!
dickey you one funny MFer
Originally Posted by osirisdean
i do not want to see what a $22 hooker looks like. three "3"s do not equal a 9, if you know what i mean.
your wrong on that "3 threes don't equal 9, in dickey's world it does when his hot GF asks for 9 inchers and make it hurt he **** her 3 times and slaps her

you did right and guys let's give the GF a break nobody perfect

Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Definitely good on you, man. I'm not one that believes in karma. I believe in my own morals. To each their own, but you definitely show great character in this situation and I completely respect that. And it's always a nice refreshing thing to see in todays world. So few and far between.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dreamer65
dickey you one funny MFer

your wrong on that "3 threes don't equal 9, in dickey's world it does when his hot GF asks for 9 inchers and make it hurt he **** her 3 times and slaps her
LOL! dickey's post was funny, but i think that just topped it. got my good laugh o' the day, thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Settle a dispute...