General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Settle a dispute...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 PM
jazzy jack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did the right thing. Get rid of the girlfriend, please believe me when you run into these b!tches that always want to get something for nothing you gotta run. If you don't sooner or later she'll bleed you dry!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:31 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you did the right thing, but aside from that I don't think a dealer should be penalizing the girl that made a mistake. $66 is a lot more to her then a high priced dealer. Now if she has been making a lot of mistakes like this then maybe teach a lesson, but if it was an honest one time mistake I don't think they should make her pay.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:33 PM
BrianG
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ditch the bitch before she does you!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:33 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hell yes, you did right.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:20 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,016 Likes on 17,913 Posts

Originally Posted by mjolnir
... the gf and I are having.

A few weeks ago, I went to Hal's Harley in New Berlin, WI, and bought some new goggles. Handed over my card, signed the paper, out the door. A little after that, my dad gets a message on the machine. It's Hal's, and they're trying to contact me and found him. No idea how they got his number, but anyway...

I called them back, and they need me to come in, because the lady only charged me $0.66 for my $66 goggles. I go pay it.

While I'm there, they tell me that if I hadn't come back, the lady that rung me up would've had to pay the difference for her error. I'm not sure I believe that, I've never heard of that, and I felt a little weird like I had just been lied to, but whatever; I got $66 goggles and I was there to pay $66.

Girlfriend says I shoulda never gone back, it's their error, they're a big company, and they should've just called it a day. I say, what difference does it make, I paid $66 for $66 goggles. It would've been nice if they could've offered me 10% off my next purchase for the mistake or something, but in the end, who cares.

I guess I don't want to post this in the good dealer thread or the bad dealer thread, because it wasn't really... good or bad. It was a mistake, we all make them.

But I do need to prove to my girlfriend that I was right.
You have to live with you so you do what it takes so you can look at that guy in the mirror every morning and still live with him for the rest of your life . Any more grief consider " Next " for the girlfriend it's easier than listening to one that's determined to prove a dead point to you .

Old 11-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Of course you did right. Karma is a bitch too.

I'm very impressed with so many guys on here being keen to the warning sign with your GF. It's a red flag. I'll be curious to know her other views on M/F relationships and entitlements. Maybe it's a one-time thing, maybe it's not....

Old 11-04-2011, 01:19 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

You did right,but all the dump the girl opinions are just that. You just have to train her.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SoftailBrian
You did right,but all the dump the girl opinions are just that. You just have to train her.
That type of "training" is called "changing" and she won't change unless she wants to, period. And trying to change someone is a futile waste of time.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:27 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mjolnir
But I AM right.
cherish these moments!

question: were you asking about the legality of the situation, or the morality? if the latter, then i agree with everyone else: you were 100% right to go back and pay for what you bought. im somewhat surprised they chased you down for it, but good on you for being honest and doing the right thing.

as for the legality, im not sure. in online sales, if a company mistakenly lists a tv for $5 or something, and you add it to your e-cart and purchase it, the company still has the legal right to cancel the sale because it's an obvious error on their part. (i forget the exact wording of the law, but i know this for fact.) however, in your case the transaction had already been completed, and you already had the product in hand... im not sure they had any legal right to force you to pay anything more for it. but im not a lawyer.

at any rate, good man.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:42 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

The Golden Rule applies here...

Quick Reply: Settle a dispute...