General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Settle a dispute...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 05:24 PM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjolnir
... the gf and I are having.

A few weeks ago, I went to Hal's Harley in New Berlin, WI, and bought some new goggles. Handed over my card, signed the paper, out the door. A little after that, my dad gets a message on the machine. It's Hal's, and they're trying to contact me and found him. No idea how they got his number, but anyway...

I called them back, and they need me to come in, because the lady only charged me $0.66 for my $66 goggles. I go pay it.

While I'm there, they tell me that if I hadn't come back, the lady that rung me up would've had to pay the difference for her error. I'm not sure I believe that, I've never heard of that, and I felt a little weird like I had just been lied to, but whatever; I got $66 goggles and I was there to pay $66.

Girlfriend says I shoulda never gone back, it's their error, they're a big company, and they should've just called it a day. I say, what difference does it make, I paid $66 for $66 goggles. It would've been nice if they could've offered me 10% off my next purchase for the mistake or something, but in the end, who cares.

I guess I don't want to post this in the good dealer thread or the bad dealer thread, because it wasn't really... good or bad. It was a mistake, we all make them.

But I do need to prove to my girlfriend that I was right.

The only dispute you should have had is how would you feel if you were the girl or if you were the business owner? Everyone makes mistakes but not everyone is an honest person, I'd rather be in the minority.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:51 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G20
Absolutely!
1+
I hope you don't have a joint checking account with her....

Old 11-06-2011, 06:33 AM
4 inch pistons
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 82 Posts

I don't understand...............What can be wrong with doing what is right?????????

Old 11-06-2011, 06:48 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,372 Likes on 5,506 Posts

Last April Mischler's HD Beaver Dam WI. The other way around.
I wanted the filler and tail light from a Rg custom installed on my new RGU. Did up all the paper work on the new bike with the few changes all seemed ok.
After I picked the bike up I was ask for a parts list and price by a friend that wanted to do the same thing to his. When I looked it all of and handed it to him I noticed it did not add up. It had come out over 250 less than is should even with a 20% discount.
I found they had not charged me for the fica and light only for the light. I called them and told them about it. Dealer said were good. Don't worry about it.
Others have suggest you need to take a look at your girl friend. I will stay out of that but some thing to think about.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:48 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,372 Likes on 5,506 Posts

Last April Mischler's HD Beaver Dam WI. The other way around.
I wanted the filler and tail light from a Rg custom installed on my new RGU. Did up all the paper work on the new bike with the few changes all seemed ok.
After I picked the bike up I was ask for a parts list and price by a friend that wanted to do the same thing to his. When I looked it all of and handed it to him I noticed it did not add up. It had come out over 250 less than is should even with a 20% discount.
I found they had not charged me for the fica and light only for the light. I called them and told them about it. Dealer said were good. Don't worry about it.
Others have suggest you need to take a look at your girl friend. I will stay out of that but some thing to think about.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:06 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Contrary to what others have said, you did the wrong thing.

Yes, you should have paid the $66 but not without verifying yourself what you indeed did pay. Did you inspect your receipt or check with your bank or credit card company to see what the actual amount you paid was? They already made one mistake, what makes you think they have not made another?

If it is later discovered you paid $66 twice, you bet can bet last dollar you could not go in a get a cash refund. If the charge were on a credit card it could take weeks to get your refund. Some companies, including HD dealers, also have no refund policies and will only issue you an in-store credit which means you will never get your money back, you just have to spend more there.

I once bought an item at a Sear's store for about $700 and was told it was in stock and to pick it up at the customer service window. When I got there they said they had none in stock, the computer was wrong. I went back to the salesperson and he said there was nothing he could do other than place an order for the item and I could get it when it came in. However in order to do that, I needed to write another check for $700 because they could not amend the original sales order, they would refund me that money. After confirming all this with the manager I left the store with no item and they had my $700 check. It took 6 weeks to get my refund and the check they sent me in the mail looked more like a postcard than a check and could have easily been tossed as junk mail.

Never put yourself in a position they owe you money, they have no integrity....they have policies.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Denver Dave
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by straydog13
the only advice that comes to mind is that after yall get married,have kids and get divorced and she is trying to get your last dime through all the various ways designed to do that.....youre gonna look back on this day and see it as a sign.
You did the right thing... where was straydog when I needed him???

Old 11-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Denver Dave
Road Master

the only advice that comes to mind is that after yall get married,have kids and get divorced and she is trying to get your last dime through all the various ways designed to do that.....youre gonna look back on this day and see it as a sign.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Denver Dave
Road Master

Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

You did the right thing, did the sales girl atleast give ya nice hug.

Next time your on a run, try this, walk up to you GF and show her a $20 and say, see that younger hotter chick over there, she gave me $20 to leave you here and take her....
Karma is a real bith, be nice to her.

Quick Reply: Settle a dispute...