General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arizona Forum Riders Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:56 AM
doghair
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was thinking after the parade breaks up I might take a flagged up ride to either the National Cemetery or Wesley Bolin Plaza at the State Capitol to pay some respects.

It's looking like it's supposed to be a beautiful day weather-wise.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:01 PM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I am with you brother I fly 3 big flags so I will flag up myself and be proud to ride to either with you.
There is the possibility of my wife and I being a little late to Denny's, I have to take her to Scottsdale that morning to have a blood draw, her appt. is at 8:30 but we have a call in to see if we can get it earlier but I will let you know, hope we have some more riders for this but will understand if this first one is small.
Jim

Old 11-05-2011, 05:59 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Anybody else interested in this first meet.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:57 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Boys and Girls
electricking has made a suggestion about going to Westworld to the Goodguy's show on the 19th. How about any of you that would like to ride with him contact him, I am booked on that date. Another ride I think we should plan is the Tortilla Flats ride that was suggested it's kind of short and have to go in and out the same road but we could add something to that. It's starting to get down there in temps in the north so maybe us Phoenixians could get together here and have our bros. in Tuscon lead us in a ride down there, I haven't been to Yuma I am up for a day ride to Yuma if our riders there will plan a cool ride when we get there. There are tons of options so i say we keep this alive and get a ride planned. doghair and I are going to meet at Denny's on Camelback just off of the 51 next Friday at 9:30 for breakfast then ride to watch the Veteran's Day Parade, come join us if you can.
santajim

Last edited by santajim; 11-06-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I posted this idea in the Poll section.

Just a thought, Lunch sounds good to me. Remember if we are expecting riders from the outer fringe of AZ. Getting on the road to make a breakfast meet would mean a very early start. By doing a lunch at say 1PM should give riders 5-6 hrs of daylight.

Here's a link for some day rides. http://www.cyclerides.com/

Old 11-06-2011, 09:19 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by ackman1968
Santajim, I'm pulling for your wife, I hope she beats that nasty disease into the ground!

You guys are on the right track, we had our third annual HDF Rally in August. It gets bigger and better every year. I don't know if you have someplace like this in your area or not but here is a link to our thread and what we do: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/pacif...ums-rally.html We have made some damn good friends and we have started meeting up for other events and rides. I like the idea of keeping the meet and greet separate from an event, less distractions and you can spend the time getting to know everyone. Good luck guys, make it happen!
That's what I was thinking also, getting to know everyone first so you can get a feel for who you ride with has always been a good idea. The weekend idea is always best for most. Meeting at a location that's biker friendly that has outside seating to accommodate a larger group. I've had meet's at places like The Salty Senorita before that has large outside seating. Someplace where you can move around to different table allowing you to mingle and get to know everyone without disrupting the establishment. I'm starting to get pumped about this idea, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:46 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Hey Cotton Hill I am glad you posted the link to cyclerides, I have ridden on some of his ride and like the way he lays them out.
I am going to throw something out for you all to consider, there is a bunch of you out there and I know you have some favorite places to ride. I use to be a Road Captain for a HOG Chapter in Reno and when it was our turn to lead a ride we planned it as far as meet time, place, and destination. I would like this to work out that way so one or two people don't get burned out on always putting things together. Maybe we throw out some dates and someone take that date and run that ride. It always worked out for us and we ended up with some great rides.
TUCCI that restaurant you named(Salty Senorita) tell us more about that maybe we can use it for our first official meet and greet.
What do all of you think?
santajim

Old 11-08-2011, 11:05 PM
mcwarren
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
imskier
I am a member of both the East Valley HOG Chapter and the Northern Nevada Chapter.
Wife and I are from Reno been here 1 year for her Cancer treatment.
My best wishes for your wife. I have some personal experience with the big C and wish her all the best. My prayers are with her.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:15 PM
mcwarren
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
Anybody else interested in this first meet.
Count me as a maybe...providing a favorable weather forecast for a ride down on Thursday and a ride home on Saturday, I live in the White Mountains...Show Low area. Weather permiting I might be able to ride down to meet you guys around 9:30 at the Denny's at 1601 E. Camelback Rd.

Last edited by mcwarren; 11-09-2011 at 11:00 AM.