General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cop let me off!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Hogaholic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cop let me off!

I get off from work early today, haul a$$ home and get on the bike. Im thinking damn this is good! Ride about 30 minutes, this women sees me coming and pulls out anyway, then decides to run 30 in a 55. I put up with this for about 10 miles. In the mean time Ive got 5 cars riding my tale. We hit a straight stretch, double yellow. I bust out around her at 75, its all good for 2-3 miles then I see a car gaining on me. Starts getting a little close, o.k. Ill go a little faster and see if you can hang these country rodes as good as me. BLUE LIGHTS!!! OH CRAP!! This is going to hurt. I park the bike, take off my stuff so I dont look so mean. He asks for driver license, Guess what? I dont have it! This is getting better all the time! He takes ssn, runs tag. Gets out and says slow it down next time or you may not be as lucky with the next officer. I thanked him a few dozen times and wished him a merry xmas!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:37 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Cop let me off!

Yup, if you just get coal in yer stocking this year, at least you got that 'gift'!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:54 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I got pulled over on the bike a few months ago...55 in a 30. He made sure I had a license and insurance and let me go.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:55 PM
DMSC
Road Master

If that had been me...I'd be sitting here crying over a $200-300 Reckless Driving Ticket...wondering how long it was going to take me to sell my scoot (I'm positive my insurance would triple!)! [&:]

Old 11-29-2006, 11:02 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the cop prolly owns a Harley

Old 11-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

May all your encounters with the police begin with the words "Nice Harley".

Old 11-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Bighorse
Road Captain

Most cops are "good people" and most cops that ride own a Harley. Glad you had a good experience.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:22 AM
20FXST06
Road Captain

This is unbelievable but TRUE. Last month while on vacation down in Florida, I was really gett'n it on down 95 in my big ol Tahoe. Look behind me, all I can see is a big Harley, BLUE LIGHTS flashing. Damn!! Leo walks up to the truck ask for usual, DL and REG, goes back to his bike. Few minutes later he's back. Sir, you have a HD decal on you back window, do you have a bike? Before I can answer, flapper jaws (WIFE) says "yeah he's got one and drives that damn thing faster this truck. [sm=icon_quiet.gif] Officer looks at me, trying to keep from busting a gut. " Sir, slow down and try to have a nice day".

Old 11-30-2006, 12:31 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: DMSC

If that had been me...I'd be sitting here crying over a $200-300 Reckless Driving Ticket...wondering how long it was going to take me to sell my scoot (I'm positive my insurance would triple!)! [&:]
I have got a reckless driving ticket and my insurance on my Deluxe is only about $475 a year.

The last time I got pulled over I got a warning too. The first time I ever got a warning in my life.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Beagle1
Road Captain

Did you tell him you had a broken toe for sympathy?

Quick Reply: Cop let me off!