General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cop let me off!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:31 AM
thunderstruck
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cop let me off!

Like it say's somtime's the bug sometimes the windshield

Old 11-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well why didn't the bi^^h who pulled out in front and then did 30 in a 55 get a ticket for recklass driving and obstructing traffic? I think her activity was the more dangerous. Comon, we all need a break if we are within our comfort zone but pushing some over restrictive laws.

But if we are really being reckless it's a good thing to get slapped. A wake up call is necesary.

Increased insurance rates are a load of crap though. By that reasoning if you get heads once then the chances are you will get tails the next time. Jeez, I made many quarters pushing that line for odds with bets in school The insurance companies are playing us all for dummies. We ALL push the limits sometimes.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

impossible!

all cops everywhere suck!

Old 11-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master

Be sure to tell that to the officer investigating the accident you feel is not your fault. You will surely get what you deserve.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:18 PM
jhnmflr
Outstanding HDF Member

Been let go a few times , gotten tickets a few times . Can't complain if I get one they are just doing there job .

Old 11-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No complaints on my part and I’ve had many involuntary conversations with LEOs. Gotten tons of tickets for everything imaginable in lots of different places. Drag racing, driving on sidewalks, up the wrong way on a one way, wrong color car, no plates, no inspections, no mufflers, anti noise (in a car), tons of speeding, willful reckless (I didn't think so), evading arrest (not deserved), DUI (oh yeah, I was an idiot), on lots of other weird ones. Always treated well, always probably got what I deserved or less since I wasn't issued for as many things as I was issued. There is always one obnoxious eaten up apple in every bunch, normally real small town or rookies, but for me they have been the exception and most I’ve dealt with have been normal joes doing their job, professional and polite. Really, I screwed up or we wouldn't have been talking in the first place. Now this is my Midwest perspective, don't know about the big city boys.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:33 PM
fxst00
Tourer

A few years back I was listening to a coworker talk about how they never get a warning. It got me thinking and I started counting the times I have been let off. It is at least 15 to date and probally 12 tickets. None on my driving record though and some of the 10 are for expired regrestration and inspection. Only like 6 to 8ish are for speeding. But I'm 31 and have had my license since I was 15.

So I don't complain and I guess I don't learn a lesson very well either.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Bighorse
Road Captain

LOL..I hear you Jeff. The basturds that get a break ought to go to jail & spend a night with Buba in a cell!

Old 11-30-2006, 03:56 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mikey 1450

Jeffery, I get your point,however, Next time you get pulled over, be sure and make your point clear to the officer.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif]
This is something I posted last summer.

Yesterday, some friends and I were riding to Frederick for some lunch. Rather than riding the superslab we took Old National Pike. Nice road that goes through a few small towns. We got halfway between Mt. Airy and New Market and all of a sudden there was a 'Road Closed - Local Traffic Only' sign. Since we didn't have a map and no one knew the local roads, we had two choices. Backtrack about 10 miles to get to a detour route or try to get through the "closed" road. We chose door number two. Everything went well at first. The road was looked smooth and freshly paved with only a few jersey walls as barriers. So we go around the first set of jersey walls and start up the road. Just then two Frederick County Sheriff's Deputies stepped out in the road and motioned us to pull over. They told us that there had been complaints about people ignoring the signs so they were there to enforce the law. We explained our situation, all the while being very respectful to the deputies. They were pretty cool and said they would just give us warning tickets. Whew! The deputy writing my warning was a female about 5'5. As she was writing, talking to me, etc. a luxury Buick comes down the road. She motions him to pull over. The guy (about 6'2) gets out of his car and starts pacing up and down. After a few minutes he comes over to the deputy, shoves his license and reg. in her face and starts going off about how he is in a hurry and how stupid it is for them to stop him while drug dealers and robbers are on the loose. She calmly tells him that he was stopped because he broke a law. He starts fuming again, telling her he doesn't care if he gets a ticket because it doesn't carry any points - just hurry up because he has groceries in the car. At this point the officer gets pissed and tells him yes it does carry a point and to go sit in his car (I was getting ready to tell him to STFU myself). He started to say something else but she cut him off and firmly said again "Sir, go sit in your car...NOW". He goes over and sits in his car and my wife laughs and says to the deputy: "who does he think he is, trying to butt in front of us and get his ticket first". The deputy smiled and said: "That one isn't getting a warning". As we were pulling off, she slowly walked back to her car and sat inside to write him up. I hope she took 15 minutes to run a computer check on the jerk. Sorry this is so long but it brought a smile to my face writing it while I'm stuck at work on another stinkin Monday.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:02 PM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is not pulling you over in the first place equal to "letting you go"?

After all, if the LEO goes through the trouble of pulling you over there must be a point he intends on making. I did get a warning a few months back after being pulled over at 3am for tossing a cigarette out the window of my cage... guess he wanted to see if I had been drinking (there's profiling if I've ever seen it) and since he'd already gone through the trouble he'd bust my nutz a little more... on the other hand, there have been plenty of times when I've "blown thru" a speed trap on my scoot and figured "ah shat", but haven't been pursued... couple of times when the LEO has "flashed" his/her lights but not done the big U turn or pulled out in pursuit.

So I guess if they go through the trouble of pulling me over I might as well figure I'm getting the ticket, but I try and keep it in perspective, cuz they don't always pull me over either.

Quick Reply: Cop let me off!