General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guardian Bells do work

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:25 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Guardian Bells do work

Mine's on the lowest part I could hook it to -

Old 11-29-2006, 02:39 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Beagle1

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

I have one hanging from my *********. Keeps me save wherever I go.
NO PICS PLEASE!

Mine arrived off the semi truck that delivered it with a bell hanging from the front frame. I figured it stays with the bike it was originally on, unless there is a family history like previously posted.

The local Stealer has a HUGE display of bells, the quality heavy ones.
same place mine is , can't see it unless you get down on your knees. It was also on the bike when I got it, plan on leaving it alone.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:42 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't these bells make a lot of noise while you're riding? I like to get one, but I think
the noise would drive me crazy.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:52 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

I have a buddy that buys/sells wrecked HD's. He has a drawer full of bells that he has taken off of them. He said nearly every bike he gets has a bell on it.
they only work against gremlins , not blondes making a left turn in a cage while talking on their cell phone

Old 11-29-2006, 04:41 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

I have a buddy that buys/sells wrecked HD's. He has a drawer full of bells that he has taken off of them. He said nearly every bike he gets has a bell on it.
they only work against gremlins , not blondes making a left turn in a cage while talking on their cell phone
[sm=exactly.gif]

Besides you cannot buy it yourself, it has to be a gift, so... Christmast is a good excuse to exchange guardian bells.

I got mine hangin' from the gas cables.

Regards.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:18 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For an 07 definitely as close to the transmission as you can get it.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:14 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't have one but I've been waiting for someone to buy me one as they're spose to work better if they're a gift.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:25 AM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you noticed that some riders have a small bell hanging off their motorcycle frame or handlebars? Have you wondered what the purpose is? Well, you have come to the right place. That little bell is more than decoration, it serves a very important purpose – it wards off gremlins, also known as evil road spirits.

You see, there are motorcycle gremlins that LOVE to ride, but they are also mischievous little devils and they cause all sorts of problems for you while you are riding. Some say they are responsible for that old lady in the minivan not seeing you and cutting you off in traffic. Or, you may be having trouble shifting smoothly, your battery goes dead, your turn signal suddenly refuses to work, an oil spill appears out of nowhere, you hit a patch of black ice, etc – you get the idea. Those little gremlins look for trouble and try to steer your bike towards it.

Now, once you get a bell on your scoot – it wards off these attacks from the little gremlins, not allowing any more to get onto your bike. If you already have some gremlins riding with you, they will get trapped in the hollow of the bell, and the constant ringing will drive them insane – causing them to lose their grip and fall to the roadway.

Do you have the protection of a gremlin bell? If you buy a gremlin bell of your own, the power works. If you receive the gremlin bell as a gift – the powerful magic of the bell is doubled. Do you have a friend who does not have a gremlin bell yet? Why not be the person to give them one, they'll thank you! The bell, and a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the gremlins.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:13 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: Crushertx3

let me add my bell that is on my Shovel was my Great Grandfathers passed down to my Uncle then to my Brorther and then to me
I have had it on at least 4 bikes
That, my friend, is a POWERFUL Guardian bell. If we ever meet, I would like to rub your bell on my bell

Old 11-30-2006, 04:10 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: riohondo30
A friend on his way back from Harley dealer 50 miles away when 18 wheeler lost a long metal piece of angle iron. Lucky he was in his truck, and not on his bike ...
hm, well for a pickup truck, i think the bell is supposed to attach to the frame rail. you might check over at F150 forum to be sure...

Quick Reply: Guardian Bells do work