Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got snubbed on the harley this afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 06:54 PM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I even wave at people on ridding lawn mowers, harley ridders didn't wave even when I had the 95 flstn guess my yellow modular and yellow ridding mesh jacket confused them or they were afraid to let go of the bars for fear of wrecking or voiding their warranty.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:00 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SingSing
Youre an *******, dude.
wouldn't have it any other way

Old 10-28-2011, 09:04 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,971 Likes on 17,893 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
wouldn't have it any other way
Bet that's the first time you been called that

Old 10-28-2011, 09:06 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Bet that's the first time you been called that
if I had a dollar...............

Old 10-29-2011, 02:04 AM
afoulsmell
Road Captain

I wave at everybody on two wheels. I get snubbed better than half the time. I think I'm just too damn dorky to rate a wave from the cooler riders out there. And my fellow dorks are prolly just taking pity on me. I think I'm fed up with that B.S. You know, half of those that see me wave, and don't wave back, those dudes are just playing the "I'm better than you" game. That pisses me off. I think I'm going to beat them to the punch. I'm done waving with all of my fingers. I think I'm going to start waving with just the one. That way, I'm only doing half of those I encounter wrong, and I'm getting over on the other half before they can get over on me. B.S. on karma.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:17 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by afoulsmell
I wave at everybody on two wheels. I get snubbed better than half the time. I think I'm just too damn dorky to rate a wave from the cooler riders out there. And my fellow dorks are prolly just taking pity on me. I think I'm fed up with that B.S. You know, half of those that see me wave, and don't wave back, those dudes are just playing the "I'm better than you" game. That pisses me off. I think I'm going to beat them to the punch. I'm done waving with all of my fingers. I think I'm going to start waving with just the one. That way, I'm only doing half of those I encounter wrong, and I'm getting over on the other half before they can get over on me. B.S. on karma.
Listen man, don't take it personal. I would imagine waving started as a way of saying "hey brother isn't it great being in the wind, and I commiserate with you on some of the dificulties we have to go through sometimes". But now on nice days, there are too many bikes to wave to, and sometimes it interferes with your situational awareness, so after a while waving becomes more of an obligation than a joy and some guys say screw it.

I will wave when I have good traffic conditions, more likely when bad weather, as a way of acknowledging dedication to riding. So wave when you want, but don't waste time looking for response. Could get you killed watching opposing traffic, and decreasing your situational awareness of your lane.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:48 AM
Jezdec
Intermediate

I waved at a postman on a moped yesterday. He waved back.