General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hells Angel biker rammed intentionally, dragged a mile by East Bay Paratransit bus in

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:56 PM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hells Angel biker rammed intentionally, dragged a mile by East Bay Paratransit bus in

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_19173579

A paratransit bus driver got into an altercation with a Hells Angel motorcyclist Saturday afternoon while driving on a San Leandro freeway when he intentionally rammed the biker, dragging him about one mile and killing him, a CHP spokesman said.

The biker, who has not been identified, was traveling eastbound on Interstate 580 near 150th Avenue with a small group of Hells Angels colleagues shortly before 4 p.m. when the incident began, said CHP Sgt. Trent Cross. After being hit, the motorcyclist and his bike were dragged for about a mile, said San Leandro police Lt. Greg Lemmon. Eventually, the biker was released from under the bus, but the driver kept dragging the motorcycle which was wedged underneath the front grill.

The Hells Angel biker was flown to Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley where he was pronounced dead, Lemmon said.

The bus driver has been arrested, Lemmon said at a command center at Kindred Hospital near the crash site
Police are interviewing four witnesses who saw the ramming, he said.
"The preliminary information they are providing was that it wasn't an accident, it was an intentional ramming," Lemmon said.

All eastbound lanes remain closed from Grand Avenue to 150th Avenue so police can conduct a homicide investigation over a large swath of freeway, Cross said. The lanes could remain closed until 10 or 11 p.m., he said, and have caused significant traffic delays in the area.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep your eyes open out there, it's a damn jungle these days.

Attached Thumbnails Hells Angel biker rammed intentionally, dragged a mile by East Bay Paratransit bus in-bike-2011.jpg  
Old 10-22-2011, 11:02 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Too bad the guy was wrongfully run down. Condolences to his family.

Last edited by soft 02; 10-23-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,573 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I would love to hear the whole story behind this.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:10 PM
FLORIDABAGGER
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the bus driver a Vago?

The bus driver was probably and older guy and recognized the HA as his neighbor who has been taking his Sunday paper in his driveway.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:19 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What does your sister getting pulled over for a broken tail light have to do with someone getting ran over and killed by a transit bus in what appears to be a case of road rage? I don't get it and it almost stuck me as disrespectful to the victim on the motorcycle.
Originally Posted by soft 02
My sister got pulled over yesterday for a broken tail light.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

My sister got pulled over yesterday for a broken tail light.
Originally Posted by oldairboater
What does your sister getting pulled over for a broken tail light have to do with someone getting ran over and killed by a transit bus in what appears to be a case of road rage? I don't get it and it almost stuck me as disrespectful to the victim on the motorcycle.

oldairboater, my take is exactly what you summed up, it would seem he was saying "So What, an outlaw killed, no news here" style. Disrespectful any way you slice it. But then we are now a nation full of haters who care only for themselves.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:32 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
No disrespect for someone who died unjustly. I don't think this thread is for those in mourning either. More like those who point and gauche. That's where this thread will go.

Last edited by soft 02; 10-22-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:45 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

First off why is it that whenever a motorcycle enthusiast who happens to be part of a club gets slain it brings out the ******** comments like some of those above. He might have been part of an organization that you may not agree with but it's not for anyone to judge. He was a man just like any other man and his passing will be felt by his loved ones.
Second. Why does the op feel the need to even post this. To start a flame war. I don't see any other threads about motorcyclists being run down by cagers but because he is a hells angel it becomes news.
How about some respect for the dead in an obvious vehicular murder. And I hope the disrespectful posters find themselves in a really tough spot,and the only help that rides by is a crew. When you need help any help is good help. And people are people. Get off the high horse.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:46 PM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

No disrespect for someone who died unjustly. I don't think this thread is for those in mourning either. More like those who point and gauche. That's where this thread will go.
I posted this only to show that there are some crazy drivers out there and to always be vigilant when you're on the road. You never know what you can come across in your travels. I don't want to see myself or my biker brothers and sisters be a victim of anyone's road rage.

Attached Thumbnails Hells Angel biker rammed intentionally, dragged a mile by East Bay Paratransit bus in-bike-2011.jpg  
Old 10-22-2011, 11:46 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would not have known about the transit driver killing a motorcyclist if it wasn't for this thread. It didn't make the news here. I see it as news--sad news but still news. Reading the article made me consider people, events, rage, and the irony of it. I find it sad that someone that drives a para transit bus would think nothing of maiming or killing a motorcyclist on an incidence of road rage. You may be right and this turns into a club thread where distractors become the conversation instead of the wrong of murdering a motorcyclist.

Quick Reply: Hells Angel biker rammed intentionally, dragged a mile by East Bay Paratransit bus in