General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life syle change

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:20 PM
stbob07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my hd because I've always wanted one since I was a small boy. The noise,The rumble of a beast. When the time was right. I got my baby.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:21 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stbob07
Well as I'm sure a lot of you guys will not agree with this but HD riders are a different kind of rider. Been riding metrics my whole life no respect from a lot of those guys. Not all of them but most . Bought a Harley and the doors of hd have opened. I mean this isn't a bad thing. But definitely change

your right , I disagree

Old 10-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stbob07
Didn't know we were in school. Doing spell checks and so fourth.
Hehehe. Well if we were this would be middle school at best. My 7 year old kid spells better than most of what I see here and I fear detention would be full

Last edited by Shredding rubber; 10-23-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Day trips with and vacationing with friends seeing the beautiful parts of CA and NV has been positively wonderful. Sharing those experiences with my GF, even more so. But that's motorcycling.

As far as a Harley, new friends and bonding with common interests has been great. Imports continue to fascinate me.

Speaking of imports, myself and about 4-5 other hardcore Harley fans/owners/riders rode to the factory Ducati event in La Honda. I wouldn't generalize about someone on a bike unless you talk to them.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 10-22-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:43 PM
doer
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,803 Likes on 2,775 Posts

I made fun of HD's for 20 years of riding other bikes, now I laugh at myself because I have one and love it

Old 10-22-2011, 11:45 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 341 Likes on 205 Posts

I love my motorcycle.

It's helped me through some tough times.

We've been lots of cool places.

I wave to everyone, some don't wave back. Who cares.

100 mph up a steep hill is awesome.

50 hd t shirts is ridiculous (but they're all mine...)

Old 10-22-2011, 11:52 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup.. Big lifestyle change. I never used to be on a forum before.Since I bought my Harley, I've been on this damned forum too much.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:26 AM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Purchasing my bike did change my life. I have met some really good people in my travels. Now I've got a great group of riding friends and wouldn't have met them unless I bought my Softail.

Just like the other folks posting, I've done some wonderful trips and seen things I'd never see if I was traveling in a car. Seeing the western states on a bike is magnificent and I do take my dog with me when I can.

I can only hope that I will be riding for many more years because it fulfills me and gives me a sense of peace in this hectic world we live in.

Attached Thumbnails Life syle change-bike-2011.jpg  
Old 10-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Jon0807
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only been riding for 4 years but since I've gotten my RKC I find myself wanting to ride more. Tho I loved my VStar there was just something missing when I was riding. I used it mostly as a commute bike but didn't really want to go any further than that cause the ride was bad long distances and there were a bunch of things about the bike in general I didn't like. But after I got the HD I enjoy riding 1000 times more, not only to and from work but trying to make excuses just to ride. I haven't really gone on a long trip yet but I'm always dreaming of the day that I can go over 200 miles a day. I don't know if it's much of a lifestyle change, but more of an attitude change.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon0807
I've only been riding for 4 years but since I've gotten my RKC I find myself wanting to ride more. Tho I loved my VStar there was just something missing when I was riding. I used it mostly as a commute bike but didn't really want to go any further than that cause the ride was bad long distances and there were a bunch of things about the bike in general I didn't like. But after I got the HD I enjoy riding 1000 times more, not only to and from work but trying to make excuses just to ride. I haven't really gone on a long trip yet but I'm always dreaming of the day that I can go over 200 miles a day. I don't know if it's much of a lifestyle change, but more of an attitude change.

I have an 1100 v-star. It's a great,durable great looking bike. It's collecting dust in my garage.

Quick Reply: Life syle change